Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS officer's Sonderanfertigung black cap ca 1935/6.

Article about: An attractive piece for sale on a site with a fine reputation. This is a Sonderanfertigung officer's cap from the firm of Mueller in Munich retailed by the RZM also in Munich. The use of the

Default SS officer's Sonderanfertigung black cap ca 1935/6.

An attractive piece for sale on a site with a fine reputation.

This is a Sonderanfertigung officer's cap from the firm of Mueller in Munich retailed by the RZM also in Munich.

The use of the army badge is amusing and not at all untypical.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sonderanfertigung cap ca 1935/6.

a not dissimilar cap of similar make
    Attached Images Attached Images SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6.  SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6. 

Default Re: SS officer's Sonderanfertigung black cap ca 1935/6.

FB-
    Thank you for posting a couple of classic examples of period caps!
    Those who wish to learn more about these items certainly have a plethera of examples to be found in the archives of this Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    FB-
    Thank you for posting a couple of classic examples of period caps!
    Those who wish to learn more about these items certainly have a plethera of examples to be found in the archives of this Forum.
    Thank you for sharing your collection. The range of my expertise or knowledge in NS material is limited. The cap on the Herman site just appeared and it is notable. I could not find the personage in the 1935 rank list and was so bored by the procedure that I did not look in the 1936 list.

The Sonderanfertigung caps are an amusing reflection of Himmler's concept of the elite. According to Saris, these caps were not made after 1936, but I am not sure this generalization is true. Mueller made many of them.

Here is a Mueller cap with the logo in it. This cap is more rare than a Sonderanfertigung and was forbidden after 1935. This cap is in the Wilkins book. Others known to Bob and me are in the Beaver/Shea book.

Also, the matter of who made these things is of trivial historical interest, other than that certain of these firms established an early link with the NSDAP and became favored contractors in a process that was highly politicized and often quite racist, too. I say this from reading Uniformenmarkt, in which this fact emerges quite powerfully.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6.  SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6. 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-12-2010 at 09:14 PM.

This cap is in the Shea Beaver book and looks much nicer in said photos than here, but the background here is better than in the book.

I have the signal trait of owning caps that are in books and then selling them without ever realizing same. Years later the book is published, or I stumble on same, and the shock is considerable. But I sold this cap to a friend, and I am glad it is in his fine collection and not being pried apart by "scull" collectors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officer's Sonderanfertigung  black cap ca 1935/6.