Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Officers Tunic

Article about: A voice from the past on the unknown unknowns of our interest..... Which of the gun show know it all's and internet savants has brought such knowledge as contained here to the attention of t

?

Default SS Officers Tunic

I have recently purchased this SS Untersturmfuhrer's tunic. I have some time to look at the tunic and return it if I'm not happy with it. it has cost me a lot of money and would like to be sure about it. It is in very good condition with no moth or significant wear. (which worries me somewhat). The nice things with it are all the buttons are RZM marked to the reverse and the label looks good. Insignia also look good to me. The sleeves appear to have been lengthened at some point. I would very much appreciate your opinions. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Tunic   SS Officers Tunic  

SS Officers Tunic   SS Officers Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Officers Tunic

is anyone willing to stick their neck out and give an opinion on this tunic. I think the insignia look ok and the label on the inside pocket looks like it has been there with the tunic forever and looks authentic to me. There is nice wear under the buttons where they have sat for what looks like many years. Otherwise, the tunic looks almost mint.
    Any opinions from the experts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I am not an expert in grey SS material, but I do not like any label with "Kleiderkasse SS" on it. I have never seen an original item with this mark, whereas I have seen many, many fakes with same. An SS Kleiderkasse surely existed, with a nice catalog, pages of which are included here. But the Kleiderkasse sold textiles for tailoring of officer uniforms. Please consult the pages we have included to this effect.SS Officers Tunic

If I am in error on this matter, please correct me.

if it were me,,,i would return this if i could,,,

I think that the collar tabs & sleeve eagle not correct.
    Collar tabs outer bullion wire is too thick, SS runes are somewhat sloppy and the sleeve eagle in my opinion lacks the correct wreath patterns at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock that surround the swastika.
    Regards,
    Wolfslair

Agreed with all above commits. Not a fan of the SS tabs. It looks reapplied. Look close at the yellow circled area previous stiching above the bullion. The jacket label "Kleiderkasse SS" never seen this in an officers tunic. The sleeve eagle IMO a repo. Sorry it looks like a put together tunic
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Officers Tunic 

i have just seen one real ss kleiderkasse label so far but this was in a pair of trousers (from my grand dad so i know it was his trousers and it is original) and lookd different to this one and had a lot of numbers on it like order number member number and so on, to me this set looks not right but just my oppinion

If you are looking for an authentic SS officer tunic, I think you should wait for another.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    If you are looking for an authentic SS officer tunic, I think you should wait for another.

Bob Hritz
    Have you seen an authentic label on cap, tunic, or breeches with the phrase "Kleiderkasse SS" in your rich experience?

I have not.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Have you seen an authentic label on cap, tunic, or breeches with the phrase "Kleiderkasse SS" in your rich experience?

I have not.
    I have never seen any such label that I believe is made before May 8, 1945.

Bob Hritz

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast