Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

ss officers uniform

Article about: "SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess. I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge. All of these s

Default Re: ss officers uniform

Robert Taylor, of course. A far better species of actor than what operates in Hollywood today, but I am jaundiced and suffused with a wrong headed nostalgia.

These men also dressed as adults, even if they had padded shoulders versus the natural shoulder model of suit, of course.

The confusion of the present worsens my nostalgia.

How are your foetid woolens?

Best wishes to you for the new year, in turn. ss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officers uniform
    P
    Many

ah, Robert Taylor. the " old Widow's Peak " !

?

Yes, Robert Taylor indeed. My father, Taylor and (believe it) Richard Nixon were fast friends during the war, and during tours used to play bridge on the train to San Fransisco for a nickel a point.

My mother, a Navy ensign, was given an honorable discharge when evidence of me surfaced - standard procedure.

I would also note that my parents, both officers, were (quite remarkably) the first officers to marry in the entire history of the US Navy - of course, there were no female Navy officers before WWII!

Okay, enough of this - back to the forum.

I do believe the Flash Gordon seriels used 'Les preludes' quite extensively along with ques by Franz Waxman. Watching these old seriels and old cartoons from the 30's - 40's arroused my interest and eventual love of classical music.

Greg

?

Greg -

Quite right - well done.

Got me started on classical music as well (c. 1957).

My favourites - the Clay People.

Liszt's "Les Preludes" also found pride of place in the more stentorian openings of the Deutsche Wochenschau, when "Die Wacht am Rhein" or other melodies did not convey the import of the moment.

Mr. Frog, what news of your foetid woolens here?

I guess the Nazis copied their Liszt from Flash Gordon, then, an interesting a subtle twist in culture and politics.

?

Could be!

The newsreel Deutsche Wochenschau started around 1940, well after Liszt was used extensively in the first two Gordon serials (1936 and 1938).

Who might have been sitting next to my father in the cinema?

Was Ming just a parody of...

Yikes!

+ + + +

My foetid woolens hang perfectly preserved in the eternity of cedar, well out of the sight of my wife.

I have not been very active lately, due to the press of business, as they say, but I am still very much attuned.

Thanks for the report. I wish you and yours a happy new year! How is your son?

The train from Los Angeles to San Francisco was a fine institution in its day. I was raised with the Southern Pacific "Daylight" and the Western Pacific et al " California Zephyr" which were objects of childhood wonder, to be sure.

No use in such nostalgia in what is turning out to be the new dark ages. The problem with train travel in Germany now is the need to have virtually no luggage, which makes things slightly dicey for me, at least, because I always travel as if the Normandy invasion was tomorrow.ss officers uniform

?

F-B:

My son is well, now a Captain and back from his second tour, attending William & Mary law school in the JAG program.

Thanks.

Here is a fine W-SS Haupsturmfuhrer's full getup available on Pete Whamond's site:
    The Collector's Guild, reference item SO 31764.

Quote by Frog View Post
    F-B:

My son is well, now a Captain and back from his second tour, attending William & Mary law school in the JAG program.

Thanks.

Here is a fine W-SS Haupsturmfuhrer's full getup available on Pete Whamond's site:
    The Collector's Guild, reference item SO 31764.
    Thanks. I am glad he is now in law school and can advance beyond company command in infantry. The grey SS thingies are not my bag, as it were. Whamond's site is always a pleasure to behold, surely. A desirable thing. I prefer the uniforms when they are black, actually. Please stay in touch.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast