Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

ss officers uniform

Article about: "SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess. I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge. All of these s

?

Default Re: ss officers uniform

This outfit is priced at well over $40K, for those keeping track.

Price aside, it is nice for sure!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officers uniform
    P
    Many

Quote by Frog View Post
    This outfit is priced at well over $40K, for those keeping track.

Price aside, it is nice for sure!
    I shall leave the Schreierei on prices to others. Is there a "provenance" with this item? Let us channel away from this site the clap trap that ensues on other sites as concerns exactly this regalia, its prices, dealers and the like. I wonder, though, if this piece will then sell for this price? In any case, Whamond site is always nicely presented with sound descriptions. Thank you, Mr. Bruce the Frog for sharing this vital datum with us. Said site allows us to examine things that we mortals would otherwise never see..

?

You are of course correct about prices, perhaps a subject a bit too commercial and ephemeral for this site.

But as a dealer in old objects, I have always found the price of everything - anything - most intriguing. Why, for example, can you buy 2 candy bars in the US for the Euro equivalent of 1 candy bar in Germany?

Else, this Captain's uniform seems to set a new high water mark for this sort of thing, which in these times is worthy of note, and no doubt of reassurance to those owning similar.

Quote by Frog View Post
    You are of course correct about prices, perhaps a subject a bit too commercial and ephemeral for this site.

But as a dealer in old objects, I have always found the price of everything - anything - most intriguing. Why, for example, can you buy 2 candy bars in the US for the Euro equivalent of 1 candy bar in Germany?

Else, this Captain's uniform seems to set a new high water mark for this sort of thing, which in these times is worthy of note, and no doubt of reassurance to those owning similar.
    I surely hope so. Unfortunately, the lord of the flies site offers a soap box for a group of people who want to wreck your collection and mine. That is, the doubters, and cynics who own no collection and want to assure that no one ever does who pander to doubt, fear, loathing, jealousy, sloth, and what not.
    This line of argument goes that there are, in fact, no real pieces of SS regalia in the world, and all that one sees is a fake. This line, of course, is promiscuously abused by those who know full well that authentic regalia exists, and they wish to scare away the faint of heart so as to lessen the number of mouths feeding on limited carcasses. A pretty hateful result, don't you think?

My aim is to learn more about regalia and not to dump a bucket of filth on others, but my colleagues here have reminded me of a sad fact connected with regalia, which is especially virulent with grey SS uniforms.

The perpetuation of such doubt without the addition of knowledge collapses everything, which will harm us all. This is why we have tried to make this site a beacon of knowledge with mixed results.

The prices of things in Europe are a function of a different tax structure, the prices of food within the political economy of a given country (i.e. Germany) as well as value added tax, which we do not have in the US, but will get before the country does finally go bankrupt.

pi pa poss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniform

Foetid, authentic woolens, which no amount of anonymous carping by some dim wit who does not know even on which continent Germany lies can never gain say.....so there....ss officers uniformss officers uniform

?

?!

Quote by Frog View Post
    ?!
    This collector's guild uniform should be moved to its own thread and there one can have a debate about it. I would only mention as a footnote that the proprietor of said site has the very most expert authorities review his material prior to posting, so if you (YOU....) have some issues with his material, then write to him and also if you dissent in certain things, then please furnish us with an example of what you deem to be authentic. I do this, and I think others should, too, don't you?

Or, there are other websites in which one can engage in such debates unhindered by our rules, customs, and courtesies.

I put this thread back here as an illustration of the real contradictions of these websites as an adjunct to collect rare militaria.

The milk industry in Germany also is able to attain higher prices for various reasons unique to there, or such is the case in France, versus the different structure of agriculture in the US as well as food retail. But discount food in Germany is also a major institution, which operates here as well. "Trader Joe's" in my neighborhood does as much of a bang up job as Aldi does where ever in the FRG....

I especially like the Carrefour super market in Bruxelles Nord where I was in the summer. It was very nice. I like Belgium, really.

Look also at the price of a Mercedes Benz or Volkswagen in the domestic market versus the US, where the competition from Japan and Korea leads to lower prices. My economist colleagues will explain this to you better than I can.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast