Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

ss officers uniform

Article about: "SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess. I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge. All of these s

Default Re: ss officers uniform

"SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess.

I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge.

All of these sites have so many authentic cap badges, I invite our participant to read for himself why his badge is not authentic.

I hate discussions about fake cap badges, actually, and will let someone else carry the burden here.

I did my part this weekend with the erdbraun topic and pass the flag to others here. '

I attach a real cap badge on a real cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officers uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officers uniform
    P
    Many

The cap I posted has this type of badge, a Zimmermann, but mine on the cap above has a Neusilber finish....

I do detest these cap bad threads deeply.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officers uniform 

fritzthecat1966423
    ?

ok so this one is the same and this is a fake also?

Here is what I collect, and I will let others address the task of rolling the cap badge up the hill and watching it roll down again.

Happy "sculls" to all readers.

I do not wish to be rude, but I posted a lot this weekend and others here can put their shoulder to the wheel.

Sorry the one cap is out of focus, but I am crappy photographer.

Someone can show our seeker the necessary threads with the cap badge secrets in one-two-three format.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officers uniform   ss officers uniform  

ss officers uniform   ss officers uniform  

?

Fritz -

Your TK and that of F-B are surely quite dissimilar.

I am sure there are few of us on this forum who did not get beat-up early on by some faker's handiwork.

Return the get-up if you can, dig in, and start anew.

It is really an endlessly interesting field.

Thanks, Bruce, the issues of Tombak, Cupal, Feinzink and what not give me the shakes. Then I become overly curt and sardonic, which will not do among such fine company.

Our friend here does not care about his cap badge at all, merely selling his WHW thingies.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officers uniform 

fritzthecat1966423
    ?

ok but im not convinced everything i have read in the forums conserning fake and real. I know its a wide field out there and need to mow some lol.
    history is a strange thing pieces my uncle and dad brought back
    (uncle sgt 80th blackhawk div) dad 100th service sqd both spent over 40 month in service.
    that have been around for ever seem to be fakes poor dad and unc they should have let it lay lol

so cap is a credited maker and the tunic is a tailor made so the cut would be the same as those issued?

here is a story to go along

in the last days of the war my uncle (somewhere in austria)
    stops and chats with the german officer (my family speaks russian polish and german) so this guys tells him he just wants to go home. my uncle being a little sympothetic to germans tells him there is a order to halt and detain all ss members. so the german bribes my uncle (his acount not mine) to let him go. now my uncle said that it wasnt much a pistol a uniform some money etc. so he trades all (in his house as a kid he had a whole room dedicated to his (trophys) more uniforms then a person should have lol.

now im not sure about this one but seems like a true ss late war tailor made uniform with issued collar tabs and ruins. now i looked under the tabs and there is a label. You can not remove them they are sewn on around the edges. the cuff title matches you discription of how to tell a fake by your accounts it seems originial.

the scull and eagle?

man good thing i didnt post pictures of the pants and overcoat ehh.

so by these acounts im sure my hitler youth knife given to me when i was 3 should be thrown out also i guesse lol,

not to mention my ss rings they are most likly not real, i always figured there was no way that that many could be real 3 5 gallon buckets he must have been making them

?

Fritz -

Do post any pictures of trousers, rings and the like.

It is best you get the input of forum members, for better or worse, so you can make informed decisions in the future.

This is why you joined the Forum - yes?

I think it is fair to say that participants here are trying to help each other, not offend in any way.

Thanks, Bruce, for the kind aid.

Our readers are free to believe or disbelieve what they wish. These young men have seen many such things come and go, and see how they smile.

Out of courtesy to those of us who work hard for no recompense to spread knowledge, this Panzer Montur hardly is some deus ex machina that has startled us all, but is one of thousands and thousands we have seen for years almost each week of the past ten or more years that the militaria sites have graced the internet.

Read the threads on Waffen SS uniforms, fakes and humped up Exemplars, until your eyes burst and your spirit is driven insane. Deepen yourself in the opinions of experts, read the leading illustrated books, and you will still be in the hall of mirrors or fun house amusement world associated with grey SS uniforms, which has destroyed the souls of many a fine person. It is like Dante's Inferno: abandon all hope ye who enter here!

Look at the daggers site and the wehrmacht awards forum, and one will perhaps see my point.

But you are free to analyze it all or discard it all as your mood suits you.

Glory laden accounts along with regalia came when I started in 1966, and are today in 2009 more filled with guts and honor than in the years immediately after the war.

Happy textiles to all. These young men are on their way to lunch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officers uniform  

And, one has to re learn the skills of the tailor from the era, in fact, to make sense of this stuff....an undertaking of years.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officers uniform  ss officers uniform  ss officers uniform 

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast