Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

ss officers uniform

Article about: "SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess. I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge. All of these s

Default Re: ss officers uniform

To counter the voyeuristic element and the malicious animal magnetism of regalia, here is an image of a more sober pursuit: war planning. Those are not cap badges on the map, of course, but they represent things made out of metal.
    I note that there is no bordello red furniture here nor are their young women with shapely appendages.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officers uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officers uniform
    P
    Many

Big Daddy, your young nieces look so cute in your fine collection. Such is a much nicer display of things than we normally see here, including the comfy furniture in bordello red.

Here is an image entirely different, connected with some professional activities of our members here at this site: war planning and congressional oversight---as contentious as German regalia for those involved in same.

If you can figure out who the officer in this picture is, Bid Daddy will award you one of his aluminum Deschler "sculls..."

There are no women in this picture, because otherwise Adrian will censor this thread.

Another man in uniform with a cigarette.

Then cigarettes were as plentiful and well regarded as leaded gasoline. These are not Nazis, of course. These men had bombed Nazis, though, probably wrecking a lot of "sculls" in the process...almost certainly. I rather think they actually bombed the Deschler und Soehne Fabirk in Muenchen, thereby causing a ripple effect in universal harmony decades later.

Testimony in front of Congress on national defense causes a strong reaction, as here in the case of Dwight Eisenhower sometime before he became President of the United States. There is no SS cap insignia in this picture.

Nor are there any cap badges in this one, but this image comes closer to what these websites degrade into, if one does not put a stop to it. For those uncertain, this is print from Albrecht Duerer.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officers uniform 

Once more, senior officers, cigarettes and constitutional checks and balances from the era of my birth. And the things of the era that brought these men before Congress. There are no SS cap insignia in this picture, at least of which I am aware.
    The B-36 was an exceptionally loud airplane, and they would fly over my hometown on the way to a nearby air base, and the sound left a strong impression on me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officers uniform   ss officers uniform  

ss officers uniform  

fritzthecat1966423
    ?

thanks one and all, i apreciate the input for sure. So what are the thoughts of black light test's. I went to a antique dealer today and he and I used a black light on it. the eagle on the sleeve had a glow on the inside and where there was a main thread showing. there was fuzz on the outside of the jacket and pants. but only on the outsides. we looked under pockets inside of folds. etc no glow at all. the eagle on the sleeve had a the main cords that glowed. but only the ones on the verry inside that where white. none of the cuff glowed insied or out. and looking at the pip i took out it sure matched the detail, under a magnifier as did the ones posted as originials. so maybe hat isnt originial? and pants and jacket are but assembled with some originial parts and some not? i also did the thread test and it passed . its not like I payed 5000 dolars for this lol If not originial I will display with some of my other toys.

what I have had in past
    kar 98 mauser ,berlin still have, its old, its not original but its a isreli converson to 308, and my dad bought it for me in the late 70s to hunt with (50 bucks and i got to dig in the barell for the best lol)
    Hi turret 98 sniper
    g45 walther with scope and rail mount sold to muesem (no duffle cut 99% finish sold for 2300 12 years ago, sold the scope for 1700.00 and the mount for 800.00 all matched serial numbers.
    p38-galore
    americian eagle luger
    5-6 broom handles
    had a panzerchrek launcher (donated it to vfw hall in Astoria Ore.)
    lots of ribons etc.
    also have a em. hat with a garbage hawlers emblem (lol) my uncle called them that.
    helmets 8-9
    tons and tons of stuff
    lots of small things
    2 rings both had diff names inside traded them of long long long long time ago for a 1870,s colt cav model

japanese
    25 swords from 1400 to 1944
    pvt uniform
    bugle
    to many rifles
    one take down

just about any thing you could wear in the us army navy or marines

russian
    pu sniper
    2 nagants
    1941 torkarev sniper with scope
    svd
    ak

italian
    2 helmets and a pith helmet
    carcanos 3

french
    thrown away mas 36 like new

enfield's galore
    also had a L1a42 sniper look that up or its L42a1 not sure parker hale conv.

m1 garrand
    m1 carbine
    m3 carbine scope and case
    iver johnson
    colts a few
    03a1
    03a3
    also a strange one had a Ithika 10 gauge marked us with a bomb parkerized semi auto

can remember going to the gun shows and seeing 25-30 orig hats helmets tons of german stuff my dad wouldnt let me buy a ss officers hat in black for 80 bucks lol he said thats too much for that old junk lol
    my field lies in Japanese swords and firearms. I have never been into the german stuff much.

fritzthecat1966423
    ?

ok so much for strait answers you have been a lot of non help I asked some specific questions to better my understanding and all i get is fake fake and then a bunch of flaming gee thanks for the lessons.

Everything lies in the small details of these items which will be the "tell"
    if they are fake or not. People who reproduce these items try their darndest
    to put all the "correct" details into them - They may put the wrong makers
    marks on, or make the correct mark, but use the wrong material , or the correct
    material, but the wrong attachments.....etc. etc.
    Also, a Veteran could have obtained any item within the past 60 years !

The knowledgeable and experienced guys here who have been in it for a very
    long time, have studied and owned many genuine pieces over the years,
    and seen so many faked items, that it is commonplace for them today to see
    the faults right away !

Just to make it plainer, I have an SS badge that I thought was genuine - It's a FAKE !
    And an SS "scull" button -( thanks F.B. )- that I thought was fake - It is GENUINE ! !

I learned these facts here, and have been a member only a month or so........

Like yourself, I've been a collector of many things military for over 30 years, but it is
    a continuous learning thing - no one can know it all. This forum is a collective
    of experience and shared knowledge. A worldwide group of like minded enthusiasts,
    from all walks of life and of all ages, with a common interest.

With patience, someone may be willing to walk you through the reasons why
    they think the way they do about your uniform..........

Quote by fritzthecat1966423 View Post
    ok so much for strait answers you have been a lot of non help I asked some specific questions to better my understanding and all i get is fake fake and then a bunch of flaming gee thanks for the lessons.
    If you reread the posts, there are some specific points given to you. The members who have taken time to share their experience and knowledge with you have no directive to do so. they have done so in the hope of giving you advice, which evidently you do no wish to hear. May I also say that those of us who tried to respond have all been burned over the years on fakes. As you are a new member on this site, you have no history with us. Are you asking for information for education or floating a fake in the hope it will pass so you can move it on to an inexperienced collector? Being a member on this Forum requires you to give an amount of repect to those who try to give you an honest opinion. There are many places on the world wide web to go if you just wish insult others.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast