Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SS open collar tunic?

Article about: Hello to all, this is my first post here, hopefully I can add something to the discussions. This weekend I acquired this tunic and am anxious to get some input on it. It definitely appears t

Sorry not to have better news. Maybe Bob Coleman will have something to say. Bob Hritz also owns items of this type in an authentic state.

The easy thing is to look at the Beaver books. I also think that certain postwar police units in the FRG wore something similar, as well, but I am not really
    sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS open collar tunic?
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Sorry not to have better news. Maybe Bob Coleman will have something to say. Bob Hritz also owns items of this type in an authentic state.

The easy thing is to look at the Beaver books. I also think that certain postwar police units in the FRG wore something similar, as well, but I am not really
    sure.
    That was my original concern that it was a "humped up" early post-war police tunic as it definitely shows legitimate age and wear. I've seen post-war ones with similar brown lining but in a totally different cut.

Does any one know if the TR sizing stamps were used post-war?

I think the size stampings are universal, at least into the Bundeswehr epoch.
    As I write, you have to take very detailed images of the tailoring, and of the textile.
    I may be in error, but the tunics in Einheitstuch are now so widely reproduced it is very confusing.
    You should also take a clear image of the cotton lining.
    The insignia are very negative.

Hopefully these pics shine some more light. My camera is giving me fits. If need be I can get ahold of a better camera later today. The lining color is accurately depicted in the image of the full lining.

There are also two white cotton lined slash pockets in the lining on either side of the split on the skirt.

SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?

The thing I've noticed, relevant or not, is that there are no belt hook holes, 4 sets of 2 or 3 holes?
    "Per Ardua"

imo its a stinker,the r/hand collar patch is off line as well.

I hate to be negative. The thing looks old on one plain, and then it also looks very poorly made on another plain, i.e. not really like a proper German uniform.
    Maybe it is indeed real, but the fake insignia do not help the whole. If I could see it, it would gel with me more.
    Or maybe it is a slave labor made item of the SS cut, or not.

If I had the thing in hand, I could tell for certain.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I hate to be negative. The thing looks old on one plain, and then it also looks very poorly made on another plain, i.e. not really like a proper German uniform.
    Maybe it is indeed real, but the fake insignia do not help the whole. If I could see it, it would gel with me more.
    Or maybe it is a slave labor made item of the SS cut, or not.

If I had the thing in hand, I could tell for certain.
    No problem at all. I mainly deal in US militaria but dabble in TR items from time to time. I don't have any real money wrapped up in it and I was skeptical from the get-go. But you are on the money as far as the quality, I've owned M36 tunics, etc., and it's not on par with them. I thought it may be an oddball Schuma piece or something of the sort, or an early post-war police tunic.

Thanks for your input! I will definitely pick the Beaver uniform volumes.

Quote by Duff View Post
    For starters, the sleeve eagle is bogus..... Also - I thought "Mods" were the only ones who could delete posts on this forum?
    Within a certain period of time, members can delete their own post. I well remember the days of mods and rockers.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The cloth at least seems to be wartime like used on overseas caps

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast