MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Panzer Hat?

Article about: I have posted this in the Hat ID section,but thought here might be more appropriate ...no markings of any kind, was given the hat by an elderly German guy in the 70s,pipping is silver and ha

The leather looks similar to some German ww2 ones ive seen, but you guys would have seen much more...still im holding out on this one till i can figure out what the hell it is lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Hat?
    P
    Many

Whatever it is, it is not WW2 era German. The construction and design are incorrect for the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SS Panzer Hat?SS panzer side cap of the 1940 variety courtesy of B Herman and from a well known collection.

?

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    What makes you think West German, Ben?
    The cut of the cap is unlike anything wartime made and the leather sweatband with it's widely spaced stitching is a typical post war trait.

Thank you Ben, and apologizes to the OP for not explaining my reasoning in detail; I was in a rush.

Thats alright mate at least its been eliminated from being wartime...Thanks everyone... going to try and find out what it is,driven me nuts for years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2