Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!

Article about: One of which is your property, of course. There are also examples, for what they are worth, in the Shea Beaver book, as well. It is not my thing, at least not as field grey. I own several ca

Default Re: SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Prehaps one day...

It does surprise me that it hasn't sold actualy. Every day, collectors throw away huge amounts of money on dubious if not outright obvious fake SS items. The advantage of this hat is that all the elements of it can be easily checked and compared with other examples made by Kaps. It takes most of the guess work out of the authentication process and from what I've seen of it, I'm sure it would pass those tests.
    There is no accounting for taste. I am not at all surprised that this cap remains without a home. Such is a testament to how little the bulk of accumulators understand about the material, as well as their respective financial punch. Both are pretty limited.
    Sapere aude.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!

Very very true.

Hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath, some of the many authentic images posted here will help educate.

For some reason, collectors who actualy do know a thing or two about TR hats seem to throw all that they have learn't out the window when it comes to judging waffenfarbe piped SS hats.

SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!SS panzer peaked visor.................... looks bad to me right away!
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Very very true.

Hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath, some of the many authentic images posted here will help educate.

For some reason, collectors who actualy do know a thing or two about TR hats seem to throw all that they have learn't out the window when it comes to judging waffenfarbe piped SS hats.
    For myself, I simply got tired of the whole thing, as I have never cared as much for the grey uniform as for the black. Hence, I dumped the caps I owned. Likely a mistake, but also a recognition of the ill effects of the cyber chattering classes as well as my own center of gravity as a collector.
    I am repelled by group think, and also repulsed by what certain arbiters of taste dictate to others, especially on the maroon mad men site.
    My interest in grey caps gravitates towards the early ones, with the RZM marks and the runics in the Muetzenboden, such as they exist at all. I assign greater value to same, but that's my own weakness.
    I am a contrarian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3