Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss panzer tunic question real or fake

Article about: I have just come across a Tunic that was brought home from a Army General he claims its original. Im trying to play it safe I dont feel like paying 1200 dollars and getting burned on a fake.

Default Ss panzer tunic question real or fake

I have just come across a Tunic that was brought home from a Army General he claims its original. Im trying to play it safe I dont feel like paying 1200 dollars and getting burned on a fake. I will post pictures, but my question is this - Q.... I could not find a makers mark on the inside of the uniform, It has a silk inside with gray striped sleeves, but it was stamped "A" on both sides of the jacket opening and had "SS with eagle" Stamp underneath the inside pockets.

It also has a Krim shield on left shoulder black underneath above eagle patch. Im going to post some pictures I just havent taken any yet. It has a lot of medals with it and LT colonel insignia on the collar with the SS on the left side of the collar. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Any recomendations on where to research this would also help.

The picture below is not the jacket but a photo I found online its identical in style to this whoevers picture this is take no offense Im just giving a example.

The one I'm thinking about purchasing has , same collar tabs, patches, similar medals, with krim shield on left and tank medal on right sleeve with silver V.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss panzer tunic question real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss panzer tunic question real or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss panzer tunic question real or fake

Hi and welcome to the forum. Photos are needed in order to discuss the tunic.
    But my feeling for this is not good, i must say. $1200 for a SS panzer tunic, is impossible. $12000 it's more likely
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks I will post photos soon. Is stamping inside the jacket common "A" and then "Eagle SS" underneath the pockets?

?

As Chris has said the price tells you all you need to know !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Also the person could have copied the photos.

Tell the guy to take a photo of the uniform with today's newspaper on it.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Photos are needed in order to discuss the tunic.
    But my feeling for this is not good, i must say. $1200 for a SS panzer tunic, is impossible. $12000 it's more likely
    Agreed, if real, its indeed more likely to be 12000.
    1200 is a very suspicious price.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Forget about the tunic with eagle and runic stamps. These are fantasy stamps.

The tunic you pictured recently sold for about $40,000.00.

Bob Hritz

Thanks for the replies. I know rare finds are still out there and sometimes they turn up in unusual places with the owners not knowing much about the value or internet research. My grandpa was a WW2 Vet who brought all kinds of relics home from a german castle he stormed ceased during the war. Just 4 years ago right after his death my Grandma starting pulling his war items out and giving them away. Pistols, medals, Whistle, and war letters. The man with this jacket is old, maybe hes full of it, but I will post some pics.

Letter 'A's on the inside would lead me to believe it could be, and probably
    is post-war Bundeswehr, made up to look TR era - I'd guess that
    all the medals and insignia are repros too.

Good, clear photos are always appreciated...........
    Regards,

Steve.