Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Panzer wrap for viewing...

Article about: Hi Brian, glad you kept back the potential source: it can colour your judgment, like you say buy the item. Blacklight negative is a good sign but not foolproof. All I can say is I would want

Default SS Panzer wrap for viewing...

WW2 German Waffen SS Panzer Wrap;

Italian Camouflage with Tropical sleeve eagle.

I like the way this looks, and I'm no expert here, but i know there are plenty of then in here.

I like the way the shoulder board buttons are attached also.

The SS sleeve eagle seems to be sewn on properly.

I've noticed when ever a person is trying to pass off a fake, or an reproduction, they will blur out certain details, and there is not a single pic here that cannot be viewed , all are crystal clear for viewing.

Any, and all reviews greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer wrap for viewing...   SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  

SS Panzer wrap for viewing...   SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  

SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing...  SS Panzer wrap for viewing... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer wrap for viewing...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Panzer wrap for viewing...

Hey Brian, i do like the look of this wrap, tropical eagle looks good, i have an unissued version w/ RZM tag ......... i like the blurred edge camo inside pockets too ! Shoulder board buttons look good along with all the other buttons. I know where this is for sale, i just am no expert, still learning and there is alot to learn !! Looks good to me, but Ade or Bob would really know !

Hi Brian, I cannot fault the jacket per se. But the problem lies in the fact that all the materials insignia, buttons etc are available today. The right person could make one.

This is the problem with any "field made" item. Being non standard, these items require a leap of faith if you buy it. It could be original but it could equally be made yesterday from original parts. It reallys needs going over in hand to look for wear etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Does it help that it does pass the blacklight test.

Thanks Adrian, much appreciated.

Brian

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Does it help that it does pass the blacklight test.

Thanks Adrian, much appreciated.

Brian
    There are sites where you can buy period thread used on these pieces. Someone could have bought an Italian Zeltbahn for cheap, some thread, an SS eagle, produced the piece, and selling it for 10 times what he paid to make it (which would pass a black light test). In the end, with enough study, one could produce this. I don't think you'll get a definitive answer. As Adrian said, it depends on whether or not you are willing to make the leap. Personally, I couldn't stand to have something in my collection and constantly wonder whether it's real or not.

Matthew

I'm willing to take the chance, as i like the way it looks, and Adrian said he could not fault the jacket, so it for sure is not a definite fake.

It has possibilities, and worth my time, besides it would look really good in my collection.

I have a set of original shoulder boards, and collar tabs that will look really good on it.

The Saharian sleeve eagle would be well worth it for me alone, and it does seem to be sewn on properly.

Thanks
    Brian

unless this came with a money-back guarantee or provenance from a vet or his relatives,,,i would pass on this just to be on the safe side with consideration to what Ade has said,,,

It is part of an estate sale , that belonged to an veteran that has passed away, and i don't need , or want an money back guarantee on it.

I will keep it regardless if i can get it.

thanks for the responses.

I have had several other email me on it also saying they cannot find any faults with it, especially the sleeve eagle on it.

Thanks
    Brian

too bad you didnt specify from the beginning that it was from a vets estate sale,,,that would have saved us a lot of angst

Sorry about that, I usually let people look the item over, believe/buy the item, not the story is what so many have told me in the past.

Yes, it does help that its from an estate sale for a vet.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast