MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Here are more Pictures: These are all at the moment... will trying to add more pictures soon...

Default Re: SS Panzer Wrapper

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The only Forum that had EIGHT moderators resign over the bad behavior of one member who the owner called his "friend." His bad behavior continued until finally he was banned. When he passed, the man was exalted like the second coming and even had his banned status revoked postumously.
    Such events compel us to keep this site in good order and discipline and to set a very high standard to enable others to learn and to counter act the savagery and idiocy that are native to some to the detriment of many.
    Adrian Stevenson was a witness to this absurdity as well.

We welcome Richard P's signal contribution and that of many, many others.

Those who want to import the stupidity and savagery of said site to this one will meet a swift and sure comeuppance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Congratulations. I at least had the opportunity to give the owner an ear full when I resigned. It was well worth it as I doubt anyone ever talked to him that way. That site has become a gathering place for the decendants of the Know Nothing movement.
    Bravo. This fact is why we hold you in such high esteem.

- - Updated - -

Quote by jHAM View Post
    I was booted off that silly site as well.
    No matter, I am much happier focusing my effort and energy here. Many thanks once again to Mr. Coleman, F-B and Ade for maintaining the dignity of this site.
    Attachment 353332Attachment 353333Attachment 353334Attachment 353335Attachment 353336Attachment 353337
    Thanks. I had not known that you were expelled, but all the more reason you are welcome here.

After looking at the additional pics I think this SS feldjake has a good chance of being original. Of course I like to examine these things in hand to get a real overall feel for them. Also digital pictures can be deceiving. It has all the little things I like to look for in a panzer jacket. I am not an expert by any means when it comes to these but I have been taught a few things by Richard P that I have found very usefull in determining authenticity of these jackets. I do like the yellow piped ones. Here is one I own that I had chased for many years. It also has a black cotton lining but this one has wear to it and the markings are quite faded.

SS Panzer Wrapper SS Panzer Wrapper

Quote by Sayle F View Post
    After looking at the additional pics I think this SS feldjake has a good chance of being original. Of course I like to examine these things in hand to get a real overall feel for them. Also digital pictures can be deceiving. It has all the little things I like to look for in a panzer jacket. I am not an expert by any means when it comes to these but I have been taught a few things by Richard P that I have found very usefull in determining authenticity of these jackets. I do like the yellow piped ones. Here is one I own that I had chased for many years. It also has a black cotton lining but this one has wear to it and the markings are quite faded.

SS Panzer Wrapper SS Panzer Wrapper

Thank you. An astonishing and significant piece made more so by the wonderful cap.

Takes your breath away !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It´s a stunner! I have never seen a yellow piped totenkopf tab before, or any yellow piped SS tabs before. Why were they yellow piped?

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    It´s a stunner! I have never seen a yellow piped totenkopf tab before, or any yellow piped SS tabs before. Why were they yellow piped?
    I have not seen many/any either. I would venture to say most are burried on the Eastern Front!

Jeff

Armoured reconnaissance?

Thanks glenn and killroy for the info

I would guess that this jacket was this high ranking nco's walking out uniform as it has a flatwire officers sleeve eagle and flatwire officers TK tab to impress the ladies while on leave from the eastern front While it has wear to the inside cuffs and armpit areas it does not show signs of combat use. As with most uniforms I have encountered that were brought back by US vets this is the case, as these were probably taken from barracks or homes during occupation. Although I do have a really nice LAH m43 tunic that was heavily worn that I picked up from an old collector I met that said he got it at a church rumage sale in 1964 in a small town in northern Idaho. Got two sets of loose LAH metal cyphers from the guy also. He told me they were on shoulderboards when he got them but the boards were dirty and damaged so he threw out the boards and kept "the unit DI's" .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Wrapper   SS Panzer Wrapper  

SS Panzer Wrapper  
    Last edited by Sayle F; 05-31-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added pictures

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast