Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?

Article about: Hi, I have had this patch in part of my collection for a few years and don't really know much about it. I didn't know RZM would be on anything with SS or if the numbers mean it can be resear

Default SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?

Hi, I have had this patch in part of my collection for a few years and don't really know much about it. I didn't know RZM would be on anything with SS or if the numbers mean it can be researched. Is it from an SS officer deployed to the middle east somewhere?

Would love to find more information or trade!
    Thanks All,
    Anthony

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?   SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?  

SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Patch -Turkestan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?

Anthony

Not Turkey but Turkestan. A region of the Soviet Union in Central Asia with predominantly Moslem inhabitants.

The Germans recruited soldiers from the region into units such as the Osttürkischen Waffen-Verbände der SS.

This is I think meant to be an arm badge for this unit. I have no idea as to authenticity or otherwise - I do know these things are widely faked.

I'm sure someone will be along soon but you might be able to start to internet research on the unit.

Regards

Richie

Default re: SS Patch -Turkestan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?

Much Appreciated, I am not familiar with that particular region during ww2 so it will be a good history lesson for myself. Patch "feels" very original...If I may compare a repro medal ribbon or patch to an original cloth eagle or original medal ribbon...in that sense I have a good feeling about this being original. Tag looks good too but paper is the easiest to fake. It just seems like such a Fringe item to make a reproduction of!

Thanks again for the info looking forward to more. and of course getting ready to accept possible dissapointment!

?

I think the paper tag looks to new and the figures are of the wrong type.

The patches that I have seen, you could all see the design from the reverse side. Most all that I've come across have been printed on thin white cloth squares, the edges of which are either folded onto the back or else trimmed. I have'nt seen one in this configuration before and not with an RZM tag either. I don't particularly feel good about the middle roof's ornament being crooked, either. It may possibly Be good, but I am not liking this one and would pass on it, if offered to myself. There were several different versions of the Turkistan sleeve patches and most all of them have been widely faked.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Turkistan, today Turkmenistan.
    Re patch: fake paper tag, seems fake patch too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

SS RZM tags will have 6 digits not 4 or 5. Also the letter on the left side have meaning. The higher the letter the more complicated an item is A B C are basic cloth items . A bullion officers eagle might be an H. A brocade belt should have a M tag.

?

Default Re: SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?

That looks like one of the fakes that Delta International used to sell back in the 70's. I used to have one just like it back then.

Mike

Default Re: SS Patch -Turkistan? RZM Tag with Number and SS, Never seen this before what do I have here?

Fake looks like it was printed yesterday.