Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Patch Verification

Article about: I bought this patch a while ago for cheap from an antique shop in Florida. I've done some research and the tan color seems to indicate it's a 'tropical' skull (issued to Waffen SS units over

Default SS Patch Verification

I bought this patch a while ago for cheap from an antique shop in Florida. I've done some research and the tan color seems to indicate it's a 'tropical' skull (issued to Waffen SS units overseas.) Is that correct? From what I've seen it also resembles the SS-TotenkopfverbÀnde design, so I'm unsure of its origin and authenticity. Any help is appreciated!

SS Patch VerificationSS Patch Verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Patch Verification
    P
    Many

It is a fake skull/totenkopf

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    You can compare with my original.
    Ralph.

SS Patch Verification
    SS Patch Verification
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You want...SS Patch Verification

credit Virtual Grenadier
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Welcome to the Forum..

Unfortunately the type of weave on the back is common on reproductions..

So now you are faced with the dilemma, Do you try to return this to the antique shop for a refund and an explanation that it is a reproduction? Problem with this scenario is that seller may not give you your money back and tell you it is original and you don't know what you are talking about,,, Or you get your money back and the insignia goes back up for sale once again, still as an original for the next unsuspecting buyer,,,, Or do you keep this and mark it on the back with permanent marker REPRO as a lesson learned? Since this example has been determined to be a reproduction, we would not want to see it circulating back out into the masses to wind up on a table at a gun show for the next unsuspecting buyer...

It is unfortunate that you did not do research prior to purchase or ask here first. You said it was cheap, so that should have been a red flag right there that this item may not be original if you know about SS regalia.. Original SS items are not cheap....

"If it's too good to be true" etc. etc. ....... I'm sure you have heard that before...

We have all been there before so look at this as a learning experience,, I don't know how much you spent, but at least it wasn't a very large investment as others have made when purchasing a fake decal SS helmet or dagger..

So again, when in doubt, ask some of the very fine,, advanced,, and knowledgeable collectors on here. They will steer you in the right direction...

Smitty

Sorry for the delayed reply, and thanks everyone! When I say cheap I mean suspiciously cheap ($20), so I should have been wary from the start. I figured maybe the shop didn't know what they had or if it was fake I'd have something to airsoft with. Looks like it'll be the latter.

Along with the fake skull I also got this iron cross from the same shop. Based on what I've read it's an Iron Cross Second Class, but is it legit? (Looks a little too shiny/new to me.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Patch Verification   SS Patch Verification  

Also another fake i am sorry

But just for the sake of accuracy: It's the 1st Class.