Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

"SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.

Article about: The struggle for the truth is ceaseless.

Default "SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.

The struggle for the truth is ceaseless. "SS peaked caps" found elsewhere."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.

- - ------- - -

A Bundeswehr Heeresflieger bites the dust.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.   "SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.
    P
    Many

I wish I understood how this process of analysis unfolded, really?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-23-2017 at 12:51 PM.

That is to say, how do persons come to the conclusion that such items have a chance of being authentic, what with the resources that exist with thousands of authentic images at easy and handy reach?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    That is to say, how do persons come to the conclusion that such items have a chance of being authentic, what with the resources that exist with thousands of authentic images at easy and handy reach?
    I think it is quite simple FB. A fool and his money are soon parted.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think it is quite simple FB. A fool and his money are soon parted.
    I guess so, though we write that all too often here. I mean, these items do not in any way appear as do their prototypes in photos of the period and so forth.

We have also stuffed google images with real items so they do appear rather high in the pile in the digital heap and so forth.

The capacity of people to do research is very limited and they are going down the wrong path.

Others, however, do clip our images, that is, our images of authentic items and pass them along.

Go figure.

It is a mystery to me, but I am hardly representative of wider public opinion."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-23-2017 at 05:23 AM.

On the other hand, maybe the analysis begins here with these curious objects, in which case I plainly am very out of touch with the epistemology of it all."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere."SS peaked caps" found elsewhere.

e·pis·te·mol·o·gy
    əˌpistəˈmäləjē/
    nounPhilosophy
    noun: epistemology

the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.

CBH
    ?

People just want to believe .

Also we here have the Luxury of images of Original Headgear , posted by fine members like yourself and others . Posted to educate the masses , show the fact from fiction in this minefield of a hobby . Don't forget people are inherently stupid and easily led , we simply try to educated the ignorant and teach those who want to learn . It is the noblest of tasks , when done without judgement . We are all here to learn and hopefully we do so every day . Keep up the good work .

Quote by CBH View Post
    People just want to believe .

Also we here have the Luxury of images of Original Headgear , posted by fine members like yourself and others . Posted to educate the masses , show the fact from fiction in this minefield of a hobby . Don't forget people are inherently stupid and easily led , we simply try to educated the ignorant and teach those who want to learn . It is the noblest of tasks , when done without judgement . We are all here to learn and hopefully we do so every day . Keep up the good work .
    Thanks so much, but many work here for the good of all, and my hope would be, after a decade of labor, that the total would move the needle towards the truth.
    When I see these other things, my heart sinks. We really have a high number of strikes in the google image heap, but how do I know how any of that works?
    Not at all. In any case, there are a lot of fools in the world of 2017, that's for sure. But even the least enabled beginner has 20,000% more resources
    at their beck and call than did I in my time. In order for us ca. 1968 to noodle any of this out, we had the Bozich/Coleman book, and the vol. 1 of Mollo
    and so forth, but beyond that, there was utterly nothing at all. This site appears to have thousands of persons looking at it at any given time. I look
    carefully at what seems to be the data, but I do not understand it. Maybe Dimas or one of the moderators with a technical bent can enlighten me.
    You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot and so forth.....that is clear. Good luck with your collecting.