Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.

Article about: For sale with noted expensive dealer.

SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.These are a 1936 Lubstein cap with the Overhoff badge.

- - ------- - -

Thanks for arranging the items, as I am tired from a long day of work struggles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.
    P
    Many

SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.This one has this tag. Ernst in Bavaria.

[QUOTE=Friedrich-Berthold;1559032

I collect images as much as I collect caps, and you should do the same if you seriously want to distinguish good from bad.[/QUOTE]

I concur. A good practice.

SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.I noticed that a colleague calls into question some of these items. The normal Schellenberg cap does not have what is usually the Schellenberg sweat band,
    with the DRGM numbers and such.

SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.Usually the Schellenberg caps, at least some of them, have this stamping on the sweat band with various DRGM license numbers.

The patent numbers changed in the course of time, as the forehead pressure arrangement was adapted and improved. I think.

SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.The other issue is, I shudder, the "scull," as to whether this really is an alu Assmann. I cannot tell.

- - ------- - -

or it is an 08/15 Austrian fake from the 1970s...?

- - ------- - -

I have seen many Waffen SS and grey SS caps restored in my time, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-07-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.The other issue is, I shudder, the "scull," as to whether this really is an alu Assmann. I cannot tell.

- - ------- - -

or it is an 08/15 Austrian fake from the 1970s.

- - ------- - -

I have seen many Waffen SS and grey SS caps restored in my time, that's for sure.
    It is indeed a fake " 360 / 42 " skull , with matching eagle . Not uncommon to find these as fillers on good visors , but for $ 14.750,- you would expect a little better ..

Please compare to an original Assmann ( in this case the rare aluminum version , still on a visor of NBolinger ) .
    Note difference in eye shape , the sutures on the temple are much too crude & also wrong in shape , the area between the right hand crossbones lacks the typical striped area , etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS peaked caps, not very cheap, but SS peaked caps.  

Thank you. I was looking for exactly this expertise. As you write, no scarcity to find real SS caps with fake insignia. These caps were often denazified, and then not re-nazified properly.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-07-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast