Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is this SS pin bogus?

Article about: This pin has an RZM, and maker's mark : A. DONNER M9/86 It has a repair on the back - right side of skull as you look at it. What do you think? Thanks.

Default Re: Is this SS pin bogus?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    i can see these being made of resin soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS pin bogus?
    P
    Many

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Dick View Post
    Suggest you study them a little harder, also along withh what they are with.
    I was collecting these things before you were born.
    How do you know when I was born? I have been collecting since 1956! Seems you would be proud enough of these (IF GENUINE) to show the front in a close-up, even if too paranoid to show the back. If they are bogus, like mine, I would not show a close-up either. Enough of this crap. Let's end this thread.

Dick
    ?

Well, someone posts and shows a well known terrible fake and asks if it's real. Everyone says no, and answer more questions as to why, and several give details like I did. I noted the orog. nose is only outlined with no though hole. I gave aprox. length dimension per posters request in comparison to his fake. Bob H. gives a nice shot of the face of it, then poster complains he should be able to see the back side, we explain no, and why help fakers.
    Then poster questions if I had more than one. Poster then challenges me to show I have more than one. I show three of them with a little humor and nice other real items, then poster complains they need to be all lined up, to he can judge if my three pictured Tux skull ribbon bars are "GENUINE"? It is amazing, a thread poster starts off NOT knowing a thing about these a things, but now he is a judge, as to what I post being authentic, after I spent a lot of time helping him, on top of that, he complains I didn't line them up.
    Suggestion Odessa, print out the picture I posted, get some scissors, do a real old fashion cut and paste into what ever configuration you wish.

Quote by Dick View Post
    This pin is 100% fake. I have never shown what the real ones look like on the back for a very good reason. IT WILL KEEP THE FAKERS FROM MAKING BETTER FAKES. Please don't show publicaly what they look like, describe it via private email if you must, is my ernest recomendation.
    I can only concur with the above statements, and lets be honest, not many folks will get the oppotunity to own a real one, so what does it matter what the back looks like? I have seen one (not including Bob's picture) in my entire 35 years of collecting

Dick
    ?

As Bob stated before, if anyone wants to email either Bob or I, with a picture of one of these, we will be glad to give a yeh or nay.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Dick View Post
    Well, someone posts and shows a well known terrible fake and asks if it's real. Everyone says no, and answer more questions as to why, and several give details like I did. I noted the orog. nose is only outlined with no though hole. I gave aprox. length dimension per posters request in comparison to his fake. Bob H. gives a nice shot of the face of it, then poster complains he should be able to see the back side, we explain no, and why help fakers.
    Then poster questions if I had more than one. Poster then challenges me to show I have more than one. I show three of them with a little humor and nice other real items, then poster complains they need to be all lined up, to he can judge if my three pictured Tux skull ribbon bars are "GENUINE"? It is amazing, a thread poster starts off NOT knowing a thing about these a things, but now he is a judge, as to what I post being authentic, after I spent a lot of time helping him, on top of that, he complains I didn't line them up.
    Suggestion Odessa, print out the picture I posted, get some scissors, do a real old fashion cut and paste into what ever configuration you wish.
    I guess you MUST be older than me! The reason I wanted you to line them up was to dispell the notion that (no doubt) many readers had that you were bs-ing them about having 3 of them. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON. There is no reason to attack me, and I should respond to it, but I won't. I do not want to get kicked out of this forum. Relax. Your secret is safe.

Dick
    ?

No one was thinking any SB- ing was coming from me, with one exception, ie there was only one person doing any insinuations and or such questioning. I didn't say I had three, I showed three! One of which is on a tux they are designed for.....

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Are you a mind reader? You must be to make a statement like that - that NOBODY thought you were bs-ing about having 2 or 3 of the pins. I KNOW how people think on this forum. They are highly skeptical of claims like you made. I was just acting like the Devil's Advocate. Obviously I made a mistake doing it this time.

Dick
    ?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Are you a mind reader? You must be to make a statement like that - that NOBODY thought you were bs-ing about having 2 or 3 of the pins. I KNOW how people think on this forum. They are highly skeptical of claims like you made. I was just acting like the Devil's Advocate. Obviously I made a mistake doing it this time.
    I 'm not a mind reader, but I have faith that all the other members are like me, and have at least an uncanny grasp for the obvious. However, there always seems be one exception to the rule.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Dick View Post
    I 'm not a mind reader, but I have faith that all the other members are like me, and have at least an uncanny grasp for the obvious. However, there always seems be one exception to the rule.
    Fortunately they are NOT all like you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast