Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS rank tabs

Article about: Hi guys, can I have the opinions on these 2 tabs please? IMO made of the right material and buckram but, it looks like the Schutze tab had 2 pips once and as for the Hauptsturmführer tab,...

?

Default SS rank tabs

Hi guys, can I have the opinions on these 2 tabs please?

IMO made of the right material and buckram but,
    it looks like the Schutze tab had 2 pips once and as for the Hauptsturmführer tab,... looks like it has 3 different pips.
    Is that possible or are it just my eyes...?

Thanks for watching, K.

SS rank tabsSS rank tabsSS rank tabsSS rank tabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS rank tabs
    P
    Many

?

Anyone please? Thx.

?

btt

Krisse,
    Even if original these woiuld not be for me.
    I do not like the presentation or condition of eiher item and I would rather have rank tabs, where I have the possibility of matching it with a unit collar tab.

I would just like to point out that the blank tab with the single ribbon/litze (as it stands, without pips) denotes the rank of SS-Sturmmann (not SS-Schütze), and the tab with the single ribbon/litze, piping, and three pips represents the rank of SS-Obersturmführer (not SS-Hauptsturmführer).

I am not as skilled at authenticating rank tabs, so I'll leave that to the more experienced members of this forum. On a side note, I will say that I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for there to be different pips on the same tab. People used what was available, and it's also possible that different pips were added upon promotion.

?

Quote by daveward View Post
    I would just like to point out that the blank tab with the single ribbon/litze (as it stands, without pips) denotes the rank of SS-Sturmmann (not SS-Schütze), and the tab with the single ribbon/litze, piping, and three pips represents the rank of SS-Obersturmführer (not SS-Hauptsturmführer).

I am not as skilled at authenticating rank tabs, so I'll leave that to the more experienced members of this forum. On a side note, I will say that I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for there to be different pips on the same tab. People used what was available, and it's also possible that different pips were added upon promotion.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Looked it up before posting but per mistake typed the wrong ranks. K.

?

i think both are ok