Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS red fez

Article about: Certainly hundreds, if not thousands? Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: SS red fez

Certainly hundreds, if not thousands?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS red fez
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Are there any estimates as to the numbers of these that were actually found at Dachau?
    I agree with Ade that there must have been thousands of these found at Dachau.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Insignia like stated looks very fake. Advise to people who restore this. Im no expert. But if you're gonna restore something you have to restore everything and not a single piece of cloth. He could have done something to the dents, maybe attach a new leather liner and tell what's fake and what not. This would really fool the guy that likes buying roughly stated pieces like me.

- Bas

I really hate anything being "restored"

Quote by greimers View Post
    I really hate anything being "restored"
    Same but some people love it.

Unfortunately, Personally, I see nothing to me that indicates this is anything but a common run of the mill cheap version of a fez that's had fake insignia stitched onto it. Sometimes you come across these softer non-rigidly formed fez with and without sweatbands. Some have black tassels-some have red stubs. I can't tell from the photo if this one ever had a sweatband or not. These fez are still widely produced in many countries like Egypt,Turkey, Albania, etc and the construction and styles have not changed at all over the years.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2