Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS regalia market dies again.

Article about: The black uniform here changed hands, as did a nice Sonderanfertigung black SS officer cap.

Default SS regalia market dies again.

The black uniform here changed hands, as did a nice Sonderanfertigung black SS officer cap. SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS regalia market dies again.
    P
    Many

things are less than worthless.

- - ------- - -

I did not buy them.

SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.Very rare SS items on offer recently.

the two black jackets did sell for stately prices.

I will leave the lamentation about prices to others.

I only ask that I be directed to the place where these items are sold at bargain prices.

That is, usually from one collector to another, but even then, I have not enjoyed huge savings, I can tell you.

and that is not my point.

I do not go to these shows, though my colleagues do, and they tell me about what happens. I am grateful for their kind aid.

I am a skeptic by inclination, and especially skeptical about group think as well as the mass persuasion that is native to these sites and some of their most assertive partisans.

My own experience is of 52 years of such collecting and the rise of this world wide phenomenon whereby value is assigned to certain things that are less than worthless, and nonetheless

become fetish objects and cherished relics of human struggle to be treasured. This process has been globalized and intensified in a way that I find remarkable.

Heini Himmler did not invent this process, but he surely understood how to awake human longing for status and death cult kitsch which pre-dated him.

I also know many young collectors, actually, and spend much of my time helping them, which is a pleasure.

"less than worthless"? In what manner?

?

When i see a pricetag of 25,000us for a cap, that are not even an antiquity,- i would not have bought it even if i had such funds avaliable.

But i am very pleased to see these pieces of important history has been looked after by someone after the Ragnarok the Axis experienced in 1945. The bonfires of 3th reich militaria and men were many that spring., and when we think of all the millions of uniforms that existed, almost none are still around as original and untouched.

So all you wealthy collectors out there, please continue to secure our history, make me happy!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    "less than worthless"? In what manner?
    In the manner of irony. This thread is my own reaction to the other threads on this event seized of the generalized doom that is an annoying feature of our world.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-02-2015 at 07:35 PM.

?

May i ask if this black DF tunic was offered by Mr. Helmut Weitze?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The black uniform here changed hands, as did a nice Sonderanfertigung black SS officer cap. SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.

Yes, it was. I was not here, mind you. My Kameraden were, though.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast