Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS regalia market dies again.

Article about: The black uniform here changed hands, as did a nice Sonderanfertigung black SS officer cap.

?

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Doug - I hope you are using LED spots and not hot full spectrum halogens, even short durations will BBQ your cloth items and lead to unsightly fade lines. If you haven't, you might consider a UV filtering acrylic in your picture frames.
    Not to worry, the lighting was done by a company which specializes in museum lighting and recently completed the lighting in the new Alberta Art Gallery and the Royal Alberta Museum. They emanate no UV and no heat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS regalia market dies again.
    P
    Many

"....As you may note there is less exotic SS cloth and headgear.."

Only the most jaded person would think that you have have less of such items. Discretion prevented me from blurting it out, I am aware that you sold some pieces to Shea and to Wolfe (....remember, I said the SS regalia market is plainly dead....), but what you retain is still more significant than almost 100% of collections. Most people will never see such things in the 21st century, only in the newsreels in you tube.

Thanks for showing it all to us and good luck with your collecting.

Please make a link to the black helmets, too, for us, as I have trouble wading through the helmet threads, please.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for the images of your impressive treasures. Quite astonishing and we are happy you share them with us on this site.
    Thanks F-B. I fully retained my small swatch of black as you see, but the headwear on said displays has now fully morphed from black cloth to black steel, as is more fitting with the focus of my collecting habits.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    "....As you may note there is less exotic SS cloth and headgear.."

Only the most jaded person would think that you have have less of such items. Discretion prevented me from blurting it out, I am aware that you sold some pieces to Shea and to Wolfe (....remember, I said the SS regalia market is plainly dead....), but what you retain is still more significant than almost 100% of collections. Most people will never see such things in the 21st century, only in the newsreels in you tube.

Thanks for showing it all to us and good luck with your collecting.

Please make a link to the black helmets, too, for us, as I have trouble wading through the helmet threads, please.
    Thanks once again, and I have posted only a few of my black helmets here, but near all are posted at my GHW2 forum. I will endeavour to make a thread on them all here as I need to photograph the 2 new arrivals still.

any finding aids you might cordially offer will be greatly appreciate by any and all on this site.

Happy collecting to you all.

allgDear DougB, absolutely stunning assortment of museum quality Allgemeine SS artifacts. Thanks so much for the eye candy!! Is there a link that shows off the TK Hauptsturmfuhrer tunic in photo post 15? That my friend is my dream tunic. I'd love to see some photos if at all possible.
    Thanks
    Tim

At the risk of being a pedant, the black uniforms had by our collector friend are from the SS Verfuegungstruppe and the SS Totenkopfverbaende.

SS regalia market dies again.This an Allgemeine SS uniform. These are two Allgemeine SS uniforms.

SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.But in any case, all of this stuff is more than kaputt and no one obviously cares anymore and would rather have an historical Pez container to go with their 1959 Ferrari California in red with the white exhaust smoke.

?

I don't think the dealing in High end SS doohickeys, doodads and artifacts will ever stop. But will the sale and trade of these objects slow down some in the years to come? Probably. The thought of spending any money, never mind thousands, on these objects is crazy for many of my friends.

SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.SS regalia market dies again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast