Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS regalia market dies again.

Article about: The black uniform here changed hands, as did a nice Sonderanfertigung black SS officer cap.

Bravo, Patrick. Kommt Zeit, kommt Rat! Very nice images you have found. Your subtle grasp of pictorial history is exemplary, and fills me with hope about the generation to come.

- - ------- - -

There are others, closer to your age, who are in the process of buying the most expensive pieces of regalia as I write this.

Discretion prohibits me from any more details, but you can be certain that select young people do buy this stuff. At staggering prices that make even a jaded old man like me blink in astonishment.

You and I cannot see them easily, but they are there for sure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-10-2015 at 02:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS regalia market dies again.
    P
    Many

I swear to you guys that this is the absolute Truth: In all of my 41 years of devotion and collecting, I have never, ever spent more than $450 for one item...In fact, I can safely say that more than 80% of my finest treasures were either free or under $100. I've never had a lot of money to piss away, I've always had to rely on what's in my head through study and interest, long before the Internet was even thought of....Your best investment in this hobby is knowledge...hands down. That includes learning German...
    Sometimes I think the Militaria actually finds ME, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

"....Your best investment in this hobby is knowledge..."

Bravo. And I applaud your thrift. I have been less restrained.

My twelve step program to avoid overpaying dealers for foetid woolens has failed with tragic and gruesome results.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

I don't own a single piece of SS cloth, but I doubt the market will ever, "die." There will always be someone to collect. Now, prices may be cost prohibitive for many, but there will always be collectors with deep pockets for high end items, and middle of the road collectors for tabs and sleeve eagles, etc, and finally those that can't afford any of it. Collectors just have to determine where they stand financially and that sets their range of collecting. There will always be collectors to buy and sell all TR items, just as there are folks to collect Pez dispensers, shot glasses and matchbooks. Fluctuations in prices and values are to be expected, as with any collectibles. It's up to current collectors to get youngsters into collecting so that items from fantastic collections such as Doug's and FB's, and even lesser collections, can be preserved for generations to come.

I got myself into collecting and if anything it was opposed or thought whacky at the time...I've never been more stubborn in any other matter my entire life...I was going to find, collect, experience, read, look at, WWI/WWII German Stuff and that was it, I've always felt a close connection/kinship to my German background and immediate family history, and it is an experience that is enhanced when I hold an item that was there during those colossal and devastating events, whether it be an old newspaper or a medal...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 03-10-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I got myself into collecting and if anything it was opposed or thought whacky at the time...I've never been more stubborn in any other matter my entire life...I was going to find, collect, experience, read, look at, WWI/WWII German Stuff and that was it, I've always felt a connection/kinship due to my German family history, and it is an experience that is enhanced when I hold an item that was there during these colossal events, whether it be an old newspaper or a medal...
    cheers, Glenn

Well said.

?

I saw a lot of SS items being sold at the SOS. I bought 3 SS buckles. My friend was looking for a SS Boker dagger. He would have paid 4-5K if he could find one in the right condition.
    Some of the dealers, I know were very happy with what they sold. One dealer has a nickel SS buckle I liked, last year he had it priced at $1200. This year he is asking $1600 for the same buckle. I wonder why he seems to have the same stuff year after year.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    any finding aids you might cordially offer will be greatly appreciate by any and all on this site.

Happy collecting to you all.
    By "finding aids" I believe you may be referring to sources of these items (?). They seem to find me - like our good friend Glenn, only the cost is rarely between free and $450! Like you FB, my attempts to keep cost down in this silly hobby has been strewn with the rubble of various bank accounts...but I count them not. Rather I look at what is in front of me for the study and satisfaction of ownership.

?

Quote by timothywill View Post
    allgDear DougB, absolutely stunning assortment of museum quality Allgemeine SS artifacts. Thanks so much for the eye candy!! Is there a link that shows off the TK Hauptsturmfuhrer tunic in photo post 15? That my friend is my dream tunic. I'd love to see some photos if at all possible.
    Thanks
    Tim
    Hi Tim, FB has made the correct nomenclature associated with the SS Service Branch. I have not made closeups but it's on my to do list. It may be posted here as it was formerly owned by a high ranking member of this forums administration at one time and I am fortunate enough to be it's custodian for the time being.

I do plan on making a detailed hi resolution photographic study of my uniform groups, one day.

Quote by DougB View Post
    By "finding aids" I believe you may be referring to sources of these items (?). They seem to find me - like our good friend Glenn, only the cost is rarely between free and $450! Like you FB, my attempts to keep cost down in this silly hobby has been strewn with the rubble of various bank accounts...but I count them not. Rather I look at what is in front of me for the study and satisfaction of ownership.
    Sorry, no, I mean a link to the actual new helmets so we may salute them when you photograph them. I do not look much at helmets, truth be told. I look at yours because of their quality. I would never dare to ask you where you found them. Just a link so we can easily find the thing without stumbling around on another site. Thanks. I am a discrete person. I do not want to know the world's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast