Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps

Article about: A comparison of two caps in space and time. One of the Waffentraeger der Nation which helped hoist Adolf into power at the wrong moment, and the other of the organization that eventually pro

Default SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps

A comparison of two caps in space and time.

One of the Waffentraeger der Nation which helped hoist Adolf into power at the wrong moment, and the other of the organization that eventually profited a lot from it. Whether the two ever crossed paths in real life, only providence knows and will not say. SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin strapsSS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps

PS I have a weakness for Rw caps, which I do not own any longer. I de accessioned them all, actually. But the leather peak and the one off chin strap are interesting to people who care about such things and cannot find productive things to do with their lives.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps

An interesting comparison. I like the Reichswehr cap very much. Something I would aspire to own if I had the cash. The chinstrap must place them closely within the same time period.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    An interesting comparison. I like the Reichswehr cap very much. Something I would aspire to own if I had the cash. The chinstrap must place them closely within the same time period.

Cheers, Ade.
    I wish I had known this fact when I sold mine. I thought the comparison of interest. Though a "scull" is present, this is not a "scull" thread.SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin strapsSS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps

The noted northern Virginia military dealer found many Rw caps in the DEFA studios in Babelsberg at an early date ca. 1989 or so, and this above in pink is one of them. Many of them were nazified at the time, which is a shame. The officer's cap was not found there, and it was a wonderful piece, too, with much character.

This image appeared elsewhere and this cap is likely more linked in time to the black SS cap, but who really knows and it is of no account other than the chin strap and perhaps the peak on the first Rw piece I attached here.

Happy hats and happy Easter, as well. SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps

?

This example might be of interest. It was recently sold on ebay and has now surfaced on the other forum for more than double the price and described as a Coastal Artillery Alter Art which it is not. Note the lack of lower piping and ghosts of the Imperial era kokards and the lining typical of pre TR caps.

On the excellent Kaisers Bunker website there is an example of the not widely known Model 1916 Einheits Schirmmütze. I believe the ebay cap is from the same era and also that many were later rebadged and used as Reichswehr caps. (as in the example at the top of the page)
    Model 1916 Preuen Officer's Einheits Schirmmtze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps   SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps  

SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps   SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps  

?

Another that has been wrongly badged as Coastal Artillery. I wonder how many more are in collections?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps   SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps  

SS and Reichswehr caps, leather peak and novel chin straps  

These look like the Rw caps that also came from Defa in Babelsberg and got modified. In any case, nice caps. All cousins of the black cap I bought. All too droll. Thanks, Ben, you a credit to our site and sight and cite.