Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Reiter in the Zoo

Article about: This is a positively odd picture from the fall of 1939, with those SS Reiter who did not trot off to Poland to cause mayhem. They apparently gave Zoo rides while their kassierte horses were

Quote by Duff View Post
    I will say this - there are certainly some people on this forum who consistently blow my mind with the knowledge they possess! You, Friedrich are one of those. I cant tell you how many posts I have read with your wisdom! It's crazy..... A wonderful asset to have - this forum and the intelligent members....
    Thanks. All merit goes to our moderators and solid members, who have made our little biotope into a happy and thriving place. I have no wisdom, though, just affect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Reiter in the Zoo
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. All merit goes to our moderators and solid members, who have made our little biotope into a happy and thriving place. I have no wisdom, though, just affect.
    "A man of real intelligence and cultivated mind, is generally modest."

Hartley, Cecil. Gentleman's Book of Etiquette.
    Boston: G. W. Cottrell, 1860

Thank you. Here is Berlin as I found it, but this film was made prior to my life there. The SS Reiter and the camels have gone, the children have grown up in the war, the bombing and rubble.

The West Berlin Struggle - The Big Picture - YouTube
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.

a very good history of Berlin and how it came to be what it was.

at 6:19, a brief glimpse up Kurfuerstendamm and a church in ruins in the background, Die Gedaechtniskirche, which still stands in its ruined state as a remembrance of the war. at the church, not seen in this brief glimpse, the Kurfuerstendamm becomes Tauentzienstrasse and four blocks beyond stands the U Bahnhof Wittenburgplatz shown in the images of this thread.

There are many very good cold war films on Berlin in the heap, and I find them all very evocative now that it has long ago become part of the record of the 20th century.

?

A superior thread indeed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3