Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Rottenfuhrer winkel ?

Article about: Gday all, Picked up this Rotenfuhrer winkel recently. Described as of SS origin but im not sure? I know that the black backing was also used by Heer Panzer formations so they have created so

Default SS Rottenfuhrer winkel ?

Gday all,
    Picked up this Rotenfuhrer winkel recently. Described as of SS origin but im not sure?

SS Rottenfuhrer winkel ?SS Rottenfuhrer winkel ?

I know that the black backing was also used by Heer Panzer formations so they have created some doubt in my mind as to their true identity.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers and thanks
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Rottenfuhrer winkel ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Rottenfuhrer winkel ?

Hi Dave, these can be what ever you want them to be, a Waffen SS Rottenfuhrer or a Heer Panzer Obergefreiter. The design is the same.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would go for SS Dave

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks gents for clearing that up for me.
    Waffen SS it is then
    The first true SS piece in my collection.
    Thanks again fella's
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, these can be what ever you want them to be, a Waffen SS Rottenfuhrer or a Heer Panzer Obergefreiter. The design is the same.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, I have one of these too. Historically speaking, which one would it be more likely to be?

No way to tell-it could be either. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

What colour is the tress? Silver for Heer or SS, but golden is SS tropical. It looks to have a yellowish tint on my screen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry,
    The tress is gold.So one can assume that it is of SS origin and issued to troops in the Mediterranean/Balkan areas of operations?
    Cheers mate for the additional info.
    All the best
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-18-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: fixed greeting

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hi Ade, I have one of these too. Historically speaking, which one would it be more likely to be?

If you go by the odds, there would be many more Heer men with this rank over SS. As Ade said, it can be either. Without a doubt, a collector would prefer it to be of SS origin.
    From your image, I would assume the golden color you see is a result of oxidation. The tropical gold chevrons are far more pronounced in hue.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you go by the odds, there would be many more Heer men with this rank over SS. As Ade said, it can be either. Without a doubt, a collector would prefer it to be of SS origin.
    From your image, I would assume the golden color you see is a result of oxidation. The tropical gold chevrons are far more pronounced in hue.
    Thanks for your reply! Personally, I think that it would be cooler to narrow it down to a Heer tanker instead of just generic SS, but it's a shame that one cannot make the distinction between the two. I agree with you that this one is not gold enough for SS. It just looks like age to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast