Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS & RZM Marked Canteen

Article about: A friend of mine has two canteens with SS & Rzm markings. They are marked on the neck & cap. They are in "relic" condition - no covers, straps or cups and are dented &

?

Default SS & RZM Marked Canteen

A friend of mine has two canteens with SS & Rzm markings. They are marked on the neck & cap. They are in "relic" condition - no covers, straps or cups and are dented & scratched. I wanted to buy one and he threw out what I thought was an outrageous price. So, guys, what is a fair value for one of these? I didn't make a counter offer at the time because I was in a state of shock.

Thanks!
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS & RZM Marked Canteen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS & RZM Marked Canteen

Depends of the condition, can you post the pictures?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Depends of the condition, can you post the pictures?
    Sorry, I don't have any pictures. I was over at his house and saw 2 of them sitting on a shelf in his "War Room". Both had caps with the same markings as the bottle. They had some dents & scratches and appeared to be ground-dug. I'm just looking for a price range, I know its hard to do without pictures. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Mr. Dimas has formed an entire thread here on the markings of such items. You can find all you want there and more.

Just by the appearance of a silly 'SS' stamp, people think they have gold in their hands.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Dimas has formed an entire thread here on the markings of such items. You can find all you want there and more.
    Yes, I know, I have read all 4 pages of that excellent thread. I actually posted this question in that thread but thought that might have been the wrong place so I posted it again. Dimas did an amazing job putting that thread together. I never knew the extent that the SS and especially Totenkopf went to, to mark their equipment. But there are no prices or values in that thread so that is why I asked the question.

Best Regards,
    Mike

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Just by the appearance of a silly 'SS' stamp, people think they have gold in their hands.
    My friend certainly does... When I asked about buying one, he said he had already sold another one for $500!!! He said he would sell me one for $300!!! I was thinking $100-$125 for one. I figured a regular, non-SS-marked canteen in that shape would be $20-$30 so 4 or 5 times that would be about right. But I was wrong. That's why I'm asking here to find out if my friend is right with his price or if I am closer to the correct (fair?) price for such an item.

Best Regards,
    Mike

I think you're on the money with your pricing. Personally I might pay $300 for a mint SS canteen (assuming I actually wanted one) but a beat up example? Hell no!

SS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenReal SS items are frequently quite costly.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2012 at 04:13 AM.

SS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked Canteen...and if you read, say, a hundred or so of these threads, you will find that these items cause people to be irritated and quarrel with each other.

- - Updated - -

SS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenSS & RZM Marked CanteenThis thing especially causes no end of travail, for reasons that I can still not fathom.

Those who love them most, call them: "sculls."
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast