Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

SS RZM Tags

Article about: That's really a nice thread !!

?

Default Re: SS RZM Tags

As is always the case with these things, I was reading this thread again to look for feldmutze tag examples and noticed this tag instead that was posted by FB on the first page.

The electrical currents ran through my brain and successfully connected my memory banks which reminded me that I had seen something similar recently. Here it is which belongs in a cap currently for sale by craig gottlieb. (top photo)

Have they anything to do with the RZM though is my question?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS RZM Tags 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM Tags
    P
    Many

The tag links to the price list, I imagine, or is an inventory tag. The two caps(the dealer person and mine) are more or less of the same age and must have been sold through the same brauner Laden. I did not bother to tell the US dealer this, since it would have meant posting on the other site to which I am more than allergic. This kind of price tag/inventory tag is to be found on all kinds of items. My tag is from a cap now illustrated in the Beaver/ Shea book. I have actually seen a similar tag still in use in a hat store I sometimes use in Vienna, which shows you the force of continuity. Here is the hat whence came the second tag.SS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM Tags

Ben has acute powers of observation. Please keep the people from the other site off of this one, though.

To wit......SS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM Tags

I do not believe that this tag has anything to do with the RZM, though these caps were retailed by them. Is this tag from an RZM Verkaufstelle? I do not know. I assume it is from a brauner Laden, but I cannot say, and I know the people on the other site do not know, either. Those who might know more than us do not share their knowledge here.SS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM Tags

Moreover, the only place this knowledge is even remotely touched on is in some of the Bender books by Wim Saris, whose knowledge I deeply respect.

?

> Those who might know more than us do not share their knowledge here.<

more's the pity.
    re peek u. cloppenburg - a bit of nat. soz. elitism? 4 r'mark more for the ss mantel than for the sa. koppel's the same, though....

Quote by vady View Post
    > Those who might know more than us do not share their knowledge here.<

more's the pity.
    re peek u. cloppenburg - a bit of nat. soz. elitism? 4 r'mark more for the ss mantel than for the sa. koppel's the same, though....
    You have a sharp eye. I cannot account for the prices and the differences. I actually think the black textile was more costly, if one looks at the Kleiderkasse SS list of a few years later which I posted somewhere here. One could compare and contrast the RZM SS lists versus the RZM SA lists, surely. SS uniforms were not as costly as Luftwaffe ones, but I think that was a function of the embroidery. But who knows?

In any case, the handful of us who care about these things live in a lonely universe. I am certain that others could aid us in our struggle, but they withhold their knowledge for whatever reason and to whatever end.

Peek Cloppenburg is going strong, by the way, but the SA/SS/Stahlhelm line does not appear as a force any longer, at least where I have been in Wien and Berlin. Today these have Boss, Versace, Armani, and the like.....how the world has changed into bo bo and metro sexual decadence. On the other hand, if the SA murder squad from Charlottenburg were still on the Ku'damm, our little Fritzerl here would have to scram....SS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM Tags

?

>Peek Cloppenburg is going strong, by the way, but the SA/SS/Stahlhelm line does not appear as a force any longer...<

YAR !

was/is black dye most expensive than brown? or the ss being smaller, did production set-up costs rise thereby?

Quote by vady View Post
    >Peek Cloppenburg is going strong, by the way, but the SA/SS/Stahlhelm line does not appear as a force any longer...<

YAR !

was/is black dye most expensive than brown? or the ss being smaller, did production set-up costs rise thereby?
    I do not know the answer to all these questions. Prices were severely and sharply regulated. There was no free market at all. Read UM in detail.
    Happy foetid woolens.SS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM Tags

?

My contributions regarding RZM tags...
    SS RZM TagsSS RZM TagsSS RZM Tags

Best Regards,

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 01-08-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast