Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS San-Abt XXVII cufftitle to share

Article about: Hi guys, this cuff, that was discussed before, came in today. In hand it looks even more beautifull then on pictures. Really like the boullion quality! Probably for sale here in 'classified'

Andreas' link to the Lexikon d. Wehrmacht is first rate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS San-Abt XXVII cufftitle to share
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. With the rise of the digital epoch, this information is easily at hand.

No SS collector should be without the easily had reprints of the Dienstalterliste and some are already on line and even more readily at hand.
    Absolutely; they are must-haves.

For those interested in the DALs, here is a listing of the Dienstalterslisten with notes as to their availability (compiled to the best of my knowledge). I own all of the listed reprints, having purchased them over the course of several years from a variety of sources:

• 1 October 1934 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Sturmführer) [R1] [S1] [S2] [O]
    • 1 July 1935 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Untersturmführer) [R] [S1] [S2]
    • 1 December 1936 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Untersturmführer) [R] [S1] [S2]
    • 1 December 1937 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Untersturmführer) [S1] [S2]
    • 1 December 1938 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Untersturmführer) [R2]
    • 15 June 1939 addendum to the list of 1 Dec. 1938 [R2] [S3] [D]
    • 30 January 1942 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Standartenführer) [X]
    • 20 April 1942 (SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer to SS-Standartenführer) [X]
    • 1 October 1942 (SS-Obersturmbannführer to SS-Sturmbannführer) [S1] [S2] [D]
    • 15 May 1943 (SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer to SS-Standartenführer) [X]
    • 1 October 1943 (SS-Obersturmbannführer to SS-Sturmbannführer) [S1] [S2] [D]
    • 30 January 1944 (SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer to SS-Standartenführer) [D]
    • 1 July 1944 (SS-Obergruppenführer to SS-Hauptsturmführer; Waffen-SS only) [R3] [D]
    • 1 October 1944 (SS-Obersturmbannführer to SS-Sturmbannführer) [R] [D]
    • 9 November 1944 (SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer to SS-Standartenführer) [R]
    • 30 January 1945 (SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer to SS-Standartenführer) [+] [X]

[R] = Reprinted, no publisher given
    [R1] = Reprinted, Ulric Publishing, Surrey 1994
    [R2] = Reprinted, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1996 (1938 list + 1939 addendum in one collected volume)
    [R3] = Reprinted, Brün Meyer, Freiburg 1986
    [S1] = Full scan available online at Dienstaltersliste der Schutzstaffel der NSDAP
    [S2] = Full scan available online at Scribd - Read Unlimited Books (search for "Dienstaltersliste")
    [S3] = Full scan available online at Dienstaltersliste der Schutzstaffel der NSDAP 1939 Supplement
    [D] = Full scan of 6 lists available on one DVD-ROM published by Westmoreland Research
    [O] = Contents available online at SS-Dienstalterliste, Stand vom Oktober 1934
    [X] = Currently not available online or as a reprint
    [+] = Hand-written list; was never published

Note that the listed links may go dead with time.

(Additional Information about possibly existing reprints or scans I have missed is, of course, welcome.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-04-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Bravo. No where else is such curatorial knowledge at hand and we salute Andreas for his guidance!

?

Thanks for this usefull information. Cheers.

The investment in such an item pays huge rewards.

The 6-5-6 wire border of this rare CT is not a problem at all - I was very happy to recieve it this week and confirm its authenticity once more .

What is of importance here , is the material these threads are made of , and even more the very strict & tight block weave of the base material of the black band .
    This weave has never been reproduced correctly either .

- - ------- - -

Please compare to the early tagged 1936 empty cufftitle - most likely for Sicherheitsdienst , but of course rarely also for various staff functions , or from 1940 on used for Germanic SS in occupied countries .

Possibly even more rare to find , I was very lucky to acquire this very empty & tagged CT as it is - because an item like this would be an easy prey for fraudsters to be embroidered with text of their liking ..
    PLEASE DO ENLARGE THIS PICTURE - only then you may learn about the essential details of cufftitles .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS San-Abt XXVII cufftitle to share  
    Last edited by Winkelman; 02-25-2016 at 09:34 PM.

?

I am very glad that it is in good hands now. :-)

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    I am very glad that it is in good hands now. :-)
    It is in good hands , mr. Krisse , I am so glad you recognized it , because I knew where it came from , and it is in my collection now .. !

?

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    It is in good hands , mr. Krisse , I am so glad you recognized it , because I knew where it came from .. !
    Well, I received an email offcourse that someone had replied on my old topic regarding this ct.
    It was for sale long time on Peter's website. I was thinking to buy the ct back. But then it was sold. But no worries. I'm happy for you.

Memento Mori ..
    I have taken the liberty to show the ( by now mine ) medic CT next to a real TK .
    Somehow , I think this Gothic bullion version may be quite special ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS San-Abt XXVII cufftitle to share  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast