Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Scharführer- camoflage

Article about: Hi Forum I have joust bought this rank, I know it is a SS Scharführer- camoflage, but is it original or a copy ? Regards John

Default SS Scharführer- camoflage

Hi Forum
    I have joust bought this rank, I know it is a SS Scharführer- camoflage, but is it original or a copy ?

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Scharführer- camoflage   SS Scharführer- camoflage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Scharführer- camoflage
    P
    Many

Hello,
    I usually don't post in the WSS subforum as i don't collect artefacts from them. Hovewer, this item is not specific to these troops.
    This range of rank insignias were also worn in the army after it was adopted in 1942 (if i remember correctly). They were not specifically meant for camouflage clothing but for garments without shoulderstraps (including camouflage clothing). In the Heer, this configuration indicates the rank of Oberleutnant.
    Below is an original that belongs to a friend of mine and was unstitched from a garment...
    Thanks

SS Scharführer- camoflage

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JPhilip

Yes, thank you very much, now I had some time to find more info and found some rank tables, and as you state it could also be Heer :-)
    Regards
    john
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Scharführer- camoflage   SS Scharführer- camoflage  

Just for the sake of completeness, in the Waffen-SS, this would be for the rank of Obersturmführer.

The only rank badge of this type that can be positively attributed to the W-SS is that for Oberführer [= 2 pairs of oak leaves and 4 stripes], as this rank had no equivalent in the army.

Thank you, so mine belongs to Heer and is a rank for lieutanant ?

Quote by johnschou View Post
    Thank you, so mine belongs to Heer and is a rank for lieutanant ?
    Yours is for an Oberleutnant (Army) or Obersturmführer (SS). The one posted by JPhilip is for a Leutnant (Army) or Untersturmführer (SS).

Thank you very much :-)