Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Schutzmutze?

Article about: Not holding my breath on this one, but thought i'd ask. Skull looks weird, but there are none out there to compare it too, and a WH schutzmutze I have seen seems to have a circular weave on

?

Default SS Schutzmutze?

Not holding my breath on this one, but thought i'd ask. Skull looks weird, but there are none out there to compare it too, and a WH schutzmutze I have seen seems to have a circular weave on top. Eagle is not like anything I have seen either.

If genuine it is missing the felt/rubber inner pad.SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Schutzmutze?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Schutzmutze?

Very sorry, but yours is not real. Bottom piece is modified early 1960s Bw beret crash helmet, and the badges/beret are junk. See the Richard P. entry under "my favorite cap" category for a real one.

FB is correct of course. The cover is also incorrectly made and should not feature a seam.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?An authentic army beret. I will leave the badges to someone else. The real ones look pretty dorky, actually, but that is just me, I guess. They are as un aesthetic as the tuxedo badge, actually.

A real army beret is a bridge too far for most, though the San Diego high roller has one for sale. An SS one exists in a couple of advanced collections and then as many fakes and frauds. I wanted one (an army one) for thirty five years, then found three of them in quick succession, and then traded them all off in an afternoon. So it goes.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-27-2011 at 04:03 PM.

its a shame they changed a bw one as these are commanding a lot at the moment

SS Schutzmutze?

You do say! I have one, which I paid nothing for it. That is good news. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You do say! I have one, which I paid nothing for it. That is good news. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.....
    very lucky and a happy new year to you Friedrich

SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?SS Schutzmutze?
    Quote by talltom View Post
    very lucky and a happy new year to you Friedrich
    All the best to you. Luck is always fleeting, my friend, always fleeting and one never has much perspective on it, of that you can be certain.

?

Many thanks for the confirmation. Happy New Year to you all.