Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS SD Tunic.

Article about: Hey guys, i have just spotted this SD tunic. Here is an extract of the sellers description of the item, "This is an original SD Officer's lightweight summer tunic with the rank of Unter

?

Default Re: SS SD Tunic.

Eagle and runes are fakes.
    This is a Polizei summer tunic and could be wartime made or just as easily post war as this flecked cotton material is still used today I believe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS SD Tunic.
    P
    Many

Thank you Ben for your help, looks like i have just dodged a bullet
    Thanks, Glen.

?

I saw the tunic for sale too which is why I just spent a few hours researching!

I saw it yesterday night with like 18 hours left and i thought that if it is genuine it would go very cheap is it had not been given the correct listing title and i got the additional images a couple of hours ago.
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    I saw it yesterday night with like 18 hours left and i thought that if it is genuine it would go very cheap is it had not been given the correct listing title and i got the additional images a couple of hours ago.
    Thanks, Glen.
    As a rule, authentic items of this genre are never cheap. Sorry for the disappointment, but realism is the best guide in these matters. SD/Sipo material is scarce because the organization was quite small and the incentive to destroy these things fairly enormous in the face of defeat and justice for the hangman. Enclosed in the uniform from the Burnham collection sold by Grenadier in Los Angeles. It is authentic. SS SD Tunic. But it ain't cheap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.

?

An untouched Polizei summer tunic would be quite desirable but once again, an item has been altered in an attempt to fool.
    How much did it go for in the end? I deleted it from my watch list..

It went for £150 with one bid on it i believe.
    Thanks, Glen.

?

I think the tunic is original Polizei tunic, insignia fake. 150 pounds for original tunic is more than fair price.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think the tunic is original Polizei tunic, insignia fake. 150 pounds for original tunic is more than fair price.
    Dimas, I think that you are correct that if the tunic was original, then the price was good.

The problem is that if this was a UK auction (and I assume it was) then most auction houses in the UK are putting militaria up for sale with a disclaimer that the goods are sold "as is" without any guarantee of originality and a no return policy, so, unless you can inspect the goods in person beforehand and be 100 percent sure that you are right then the whole exercise is a gamble, where the (auction) house can't lose.
    Sorry about the bad pun

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    As a rule, authentic items of this genre are never cheap. Sorry for the disappointment, but realism is the best guide in these matters. SD/Sipo material is scarce because the organization was quite small and the incentive to destroy these things fairly enormous in the face of defeat and justice for the hangman. Enclosed in the uniform from the Burnham collection sold by Grenadier in Los Angeles. It is authentic. SS SD Tunic. But it ain't cheap.
    I saw this one for sale as well and it was sold fast like the 2 others. Do you know for how much ?

I wish to have the cash to get one that matches my cap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast