Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to know your opinion about this tunic with SD empty cufftitle. I belive the tunic itself is original m42 type but made in 1944 but is the cufftitle original? And should

I agree with FB that the cuff title is a very poor fake. There is no evidence that this tunic is WW2 era except for a spurious ink stamp. The cut of the tunic is incorrect f ro a SD tunic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for help
    P
    Many

?

Father of one guy was working in that factory during war. I will ask for more pictures but I really think it is m42 police tunic.

?

You should post this on the Police forum. The color looks more like Police and it has the pleated top pocket and unpleatef lower. If it is original it will be easy to restore at a fraction of the cost of SS insignia.

Quote by kirby View Post
    You should post this on the Police forum. The color looks more like Police and it has the pleated top pocket and unpleatef lower. If it is original it will be easy to restore at a fraction of the cost of SS insignia.
    Well said. I did not recognize the Polizei cut of the item, and, in an extreme sense, I can imagine an SD man using a police uniform, since there was an overlap of kinds.

However, the stamp does not please me, nor does the cuff title, as I have shown you from my own collection the proper appearance of such an item.

We also deal with tangible pictorial and documentary evidence on this site.

Happy cuffs.

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helpSS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helpThese were apparently the uniforms of the same personage, but notice that they are two distinct uniforms.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helpSS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helpThese two tunics were apparently the uniforms of the same personage, but notice that they are two distinct uniforms.

I only bought the black tunic in the year 2003. It had an overcoat, which I did not buy.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-14-2016 at 11:34 AM.

?

Excuse my ignorance, but what was the use of the blank cuff title? Was it a sign of an unasigned unit?

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for help
    Quote by AMTG View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what was the use of the blank cuff title? Was it a sign of an unasigned unit?
    The blank cuff title was used in various ways, too difficult to explain here in detail.

Andreas or others more able and intelligent than I can list the varieties and permutations.

What I enclose was used by the SD Sipo.

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helpFor your reading pleasure....

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helplook at para "dd" for the details....document courtesy Mr. d'Alquen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast