Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to know your opinion about this tunic with SD empty cufftitle. I belive the tunic itself is original m42 type but made in 1944 but is the cufftitle original? And should

SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for helpI got my copy of this in July 1971 from Mollo himself.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/SD tunic with empty cufftitle - ask for help
    P
    Many

Looks to me to be a Police tunic also from the colour of the tunic

?

Thankyou all for your answers to my question......a little research on my part is needed

What is the width for this cuffband.

Can you specify, just curious?

100% original police combat field tunic. Very nice. With fake blank title that would never have been worn anyway.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I agree with FB that the cuff title is a very poor fake. There is no evidence that this tunic is WW2 era except for a spurious ink stamp. The cut of the tunic is incorrect f ro a SD tunic.
    Wasn't the SD allowed to wear army/Waffen-SS style tunics in mid-late war, though?

I've seen photos of Waffen SS pattern tunics in wear, but it doesn't appear to be commonly done. Either way, this tunic is neither. It is was it is, strip the crappy title, get some nice subdued polizei insignia and build it. A bevo eagle would look nice. Beautiful and original tunic (with nice stamps by the way, I assume it says "PO" above the date, but the picture was cut off).

Wow, just checked a polizei tunic in my collection, it is damn near the same as this one. Also mint and unissued late war. Same manufacturer and 1944 date. No PO stamp either. Obviously very late war and really rough blended wool and sateen lining. Same exaggerated rounded flaps too. What info do you have on the manufacturer?

?

Quote by hohenstaufen View Post
    Wow, just checked a polizei tunic in my collection, it is damn near the same as this one. Also mint and unissued late war. Same manufacturer and 1944 date. No PO stamp either. Obviously very late war and really rough blended wool and sateen lining. Same exaggerated rounded flaps too. What info do you have on the manufacturer?

Thank you for all replies. I have now bad access to the internet and I could not write sooner. About the manufacturer I know it was small village Trest near bigger city Jihlava in Czech Republic. It was really small factory for making uniforms and as I wrote father of one guy was working there during war. But I finally did not have the tunic because the owner wanted almost 600,-eur for it and it looks for me too much for stripped uniform.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't really read my stamp very well. Too bad you didn't go for the tunic, but that price was a bit high, I agree. I really wonder if yours was also a unissued one rather than stripped. Here is a photo of mine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast