MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Seelager Cuff Title?

Article about: It's not just that a Seelager cuff title was never authorized and that there is no period evidence for its existence whatsoever... It just does not seem plausible to me that there should a s

Default SS Seelager Cuff Title?

I'm looking for any information on the above title 'Seelager'. I've found reference to a training camp in Latvia called SS Truppenübungsplatz Seelager, but very little other info. I can't find any pictures of the title on the web either. I have some poor pics on my phone of the title which I will add when I get home, but if anyone has any info at this point I'd appreciate it. The owner of the title will bring it back in the next few days so I can take some high resolution photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Seelager Cuff Title?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Seelager Cuff Title?

Probably it will be a variant cufftitle I assume.
    I have seen original titles from smaller locations like SS Sportschule Fuerth or SS Aufbauschule Nagold that where
    produced somewhere else but for sure not over the RZM production.
    Photos would be of course very interesting as they would tell more and hopefully also in details.

Thanks Robert, I will add them when I get home. I can at least tell you at this point, that the RZM label shows a B in the top left corner, if this means anything to you.

?

Andy i've never heard of or seen a cuff title for a Truppenübungsplatz or at least any that were authorised.

Truppenübungsplatz Seelager was a base for an SS Panzer Ausbildungs Regiment and an SS Panzer Aufklarungs Ausbildung Btl unit which was used to form SS Panzer Brigade Gross in August 1944.

This Truppenübungsplatz was at Ventspils in Latvia !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul, I don't know much about it though mate, just going off what I found in 20 minutes googling. This is what I found - SS-Truppenübungsplatz Seelager

Here are the pics anyway guys.

They are very poor and probably inadequate thanks to my shockingly bad mobile phone; I'm fairly confident it was made from compressed cardboard and bakelite during the siege of Leningrad. I'll hopefully have better pics soon if needed.

SS Seelager Cuff Title?SS Seelager Cuff Title?SS Seelager Cuff Title?SS Seelager Cuff Title?

?

I don't like it.....I agree with above statements that it wouldn't be a RZM manufactured item... possibly private taylor made. ... the tag on this is wrong, font sizes, numerical sizes, numerical bold type is wrong..the amount of digits in the code is not 4, but 6 digits I believe. All around red flags in my opinion.

Thanks newbie, totally out of my field this sort of stuff. SS cloth terrifies me.....

that is a not good title

Thanks for the confirmation Robert. My friend will be disappointed with the news. It came from an auction house in the UK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast