Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- Obergruppenfuhrer

Article about: by Tony8 Thanks for the link to these great works. Thanks. No one serious about these things should be without Mollo. It is the foundation of all I know, and though it might be very old in t

Default SS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- Obergruppenfuhrer

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate your opinion on a couple of senior SS Shoulder boards.SS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- ObergruppenfuhrerSS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- ObergruppenfuhrerSS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- ObergruppenfuhrerSS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- Obergruppenfuhrer

One was apparently for wear on the black service dress pre 1938

The pair shown front to back apparently for a Brigadefuhrer on the black service dress post 1938

Regards,

Grant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Shoulder Boards Pre-38 Brigade- Obergruppenfuhrer
    P
    Many

With the single pre-1938 board, my concern is that the inner row of the braiding runs in the same direction as the outer rows.

Any opinions would be appreciated

For what it's worth, I can tell you that no change of shoulder boards for the black service dress occurred in 1938: The narrow, Allgemeine-SS-pattern boards continued to be worn with the black uniform until the end of the war.

Also, I think that the black underlay on the military-style Brigadeführer boards is odd:

If I recall correctly, the military-style shoulder boards worn by SSVT officers with their grey uniforms initially had white underlay for a brief period of time until Waffenfarbe was introduced. After that, officers below general officer rank had double underlay in branch color over black, while the underlay for SSVT/W-SS general officers' boards was light grey and that for SD/Sipo generals was toxic green.

I will leave more knowledgable members to comment on authenticity.

Much appreciated, I still have much to learn

Although maybe with the SS-Vt grey underlay for their Earth Grey or Field Grey Tunics, These are for the Black Service Tunic.

Quote by greimers View Post
    These are for the Black Service Tunic.
    Like I said, only the single, narrow, A-SS style shoulder board (in the photograph from Helmut Weitze's site) is for the black uniform. The others are not.

I think Jenkins has a narrow senior leader shoulder board on his site, if memory serves.
    Such shoulder boards were worn on the grey uniform, as well, if such a person had only Allgemeine SS rank.
    The military style shoulder boards with the black facing color are fantasy pieces.

See the image of Oberfuehrer Wimmer here: on p.17

Uniforms of the SS Vol. I

This link to the Mollo book should be made into a sticky, in fact. I do not know if that is copyright infringement, but it is the essential source.

?

Thanks for the link to these great works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast