Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Sidecap Real or Fake

Article about: Since Long time i have this ss sidecap in my collection but now i need to know if this one is real or not then i need to sell it to buy something else, but first i need to know, i think the

Default SS Sidecap Real or Fake

Since Long time i have this ss sidecap in my collection but now i need to know if this one is real or not then i need to sell it to buy something else, but first i need to know, i think the insignia is not good then the preohner told me he got the cap whitout the skull and readdet one out of his collection, then it is absolutly visible wher the insignia was before, you can see a color difference where the skull and the eagel was before, the stampings are hard to see but i guess it means the cap was made 43, the preohner told me he got the cap from an auktion lot at herman historika and even showd me the invoice for the lot. so please help me to find out if a real one or not and if some one can tell me the value will be nice or if someone wanna buy it just offer me something via pm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sidecap Real or Fake   SS Sidecap Real or Fake  

SS Sidecap Real or Fake   SS Sidecap Real or Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sidecap Real or Fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Sidecap Real or Fake

Sorry, but this is not good.

Note the seams which are not correctly formed and the upper edge of the turn up which has a single line of stitching which is incorrect.

Fakers find it too hard and too expensive to put original insignia on their caps. So they will fade the cap and shave the wool overall to leave a "ghost" impression of where the insignia should have been.

Compare your cap to mine which I have shown on the forum several times and to the one just sold by Ben in the sales section.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry, but this is not good.

Note the seams which are not correctly formed and the upper edge of the turn up which has a single line of stitching which is incorrect.

Fakers find it too hard and too expensive to put original insignia on their caps. So they will fade the cap and shave the wool overall to leave a "ghost" impression of where the insignia should have been.

Compare your cap to mine which I have shown on the forum several times and to the one just sold by Ben in the sales section.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks ade for the quick answer, now i see what you mean

My pleasure. It is always easy to see once someone has shown you.

Some other good examples can be seen here:

The Collector's Guild

Fake !!!