Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Skull

Article about: by bwanek1 What our good friend here fails to recognize or acknowledge is that ALL of the pieces of the puzzle must fit for a fake to be truly convincing. Visually, a high-quality casting ma

Default Re: SS Skull

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    What our good friend here fails to recognize or acknowledge is that ALL of the pieces of the puzzle must fit for a fake to be truly convincing. Visually, a high-quality casting may, in fact, capture [nearly] all of the detail, but it will fail careful inspection in one of the other areas. The basic material will be wrong or the construction will be wrong or the markings will be wrong or the hardware will be wrong or...

To duplicate ALL of the important details, which the trained eye knows to look for in determining originality, is essentially impossible. Even if, notionally, one had access to all of the materials and technology necessary to attempt such a feat, the cost of doing so would be entirely prohibitive. That is why all fakers accept less than perfection--not because it is "intentional" in the sense that they want flaws, but in the sense that they are forced to accept them. It is, in the end, a business decision. They attempt to reach the correct balance of being good enough to fool enough and being cheap enough to be profitable enough.
    I can agree on thise matter.
    Exept when you say "nearly" all of the detail! But thise ia a detail!!
    When yous say
    The basic material will be wrong
    ; that to me is the only clue one could have to recognize a fraude,but who will be able to do so on a metal item??
    And right you are again when saying
    They attempt to reach the correct balance of being good enough to fool enough and being cheap enough to be profitable enough
    ...exept that there are enough items (in the III Reich regalia) expensive enough to make a good profit on a perfect repro.
    The reason I did not continue the activity's of that insigna factory was the high cost of the production.
    But thise was based on a insigna worth 0.5 €.
    Here is a part of the more then 50.000 die's Indian Caps had in stock.And, yes they have made buckels and insigna's for the German army during the war!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Skull
    P
    Many

Here is the resin casted copy of a copy metal SS ring.
    I have made thise item (years ago)just for the challenge ....; the degree of difficulties of making a mould to be able to get in one time the inner and the outside marks of an object.
    My teacher was pleased with the result , so was I.
    I do not have the original fake anymore , but I am shure thise is well know to must of the people here.
    From thise stage; one is not far away of making a metal copy, casted as well...but perfect in anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull  

?

Offtop:
    Please guys use here our hosting, instead of outside pictures hosting, it's easy to use.
    Stuka, I 've reupload images to the forum
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Dimas!And sorry about it, but the problem is when I enlarge a picture I do not get them uploaded via the forum!?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4