Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS sleeve Eagle

Article about: Just want to make sure this one is ok. The backing is what slows me down on this one. Everything else looked good. What do you say?

?

Default SS sleeve Eagle

Just want to make sure this one is ok. The backing is what slows me down on this one. Everything else looked good. What do you say?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS sleeve Eagle   SS sleeve Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS sleeve Eagle
    P
    Many

personally I like it.

?

Thanks Harry, I do too. Just wanted to see what experts think.

Something on this one just doesn't seem right, hopefully I am wrong.
    I was not aware that they had a "backing" on them, neither of my examples does.
    Here is mine to compare.
    Ralph.
    SS sleeve Eagle
    SS sleeve Eagle
    P.S. Not one of the experts.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Something on this one just doesn't seem right, hopefully I am wrong.
    I was not aware that they had a "backing" on them, neither of my examples does.
    Here is mine to compare.
    Ralph.
    SS sleeve Eagle
    Ralph,
    I noticed on WAF there was one on estand with the backing like this example. I am more familiar with examples like the one you posted. I have seen "backings" on a few dealer sites, which I know doesn't mean authentic as well.
    I am not an expert on SS cloth for certain, however I have become more confident in volunteer collar tab identification.
    SS sleeve Eagle
    P.S. Not one of the experts.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Ralph,
    I noticed on WAF there was one on estand with the backing like this example. I am more familiar with examples like the one you posted. I have seen "backings" on a few dealer sites, which I know doesn't mean authentic as well.
    I am not an expert on SS cloth for certain, however I have become more confident in volunteer collar tab identification.
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    Also, the seller of that one on WAF has a visor totenkopf that he has been trying to sell for months and no one has purchased it yet. He also tried to sell it once before to no avail.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Any other opinions on this style?

Anzel,

I like both of these eagles but I think what is throwing you is the fact that the backing on yours is complete and in most cases if the eagle is worn and the tunic washed this type of backing tends to disappear altogether or "fragment" so that only bits of the backing remain.
    To me it looks like a late war Dachau eagle that is lacking the thread highlights to the head and legs but I may be wrong in this and my observation is not intended denegrade the item itself.

Bochman, I think your post implies that all of these eagles had a backing to them, and that the backing gradually disappeared as the eagle was worn. However, many of these sleeve eagles (like the ones pictured) are unissued, and never had a backing on them at all. I will say that the presence of a backing does not mean that an eagle is inauthentic. Here is an eagle with a mesh backing that is authentic:

SS sleeve Eagle

SS sleeve Eagle

However, I suspect that the eagle in the original post is a fake, like the one seen here:

SS Sleeve Eagle

?

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Anzel,

I like both of these eagles but I think what is throwing you is the fact that the backing on yours is complete and in most cases if the eagle is worn and the tunic washed this type of backing tends to disappear altogether or "fragment" so that only bits of the backing remain.
    To me it looks like a late war Dachau eagle that is lacking the thread highlights to the head and legs but I may be wrong in this and my observation is not intended denegrade the item itself.
    Bochmann thanks for weighing here. I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast