Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Sports Insignia Grouping

Article about: Yes - the first variant is the one in this thread, along with second variant present as well. Although, I believe the "chain stitched" one in black with white ruins to be one of th

?

Yes - the first variant is the one in this thread, along with second variant present as well. Although, I believe the "chain stitched" one in black with white ruins to be one of the earliest... You have a great grouping! I just need the "regular" weave first pattern... my second variation has a cloth RZM tag... My first variation chain stitched does not have any tags..... go figure.... My chain stitched is posted on the forum - "chain stitched SS sports badge."

Nice goodies! Love em'!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sports Insignia Grouping
    P
    Many

PEB
    ?

OK guys.............this thread is getting interesting! First 2 pics is of an early variant that is in my collection that I cannot confirm is authentic. It came off of a period tank that it is still in my possession. Thread passes the burn test and construction looks good having it in hand. I have not blacklighted it yet. There are period pics that show a similar patch in Robert Newbrough's great new book set " Sports in the Third Reich "

Second 2 pics are of another item that I am obtaining that shows the early chain stitched patch similar to the one shown by Duff. It is also pictured in Mr. Newbrough's book.

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sports Insignia Grouping   SS Sports Insignia Grouping  

SS Sports Insignia Grouping   SS Sports Insignia Grouping  

?

I have no idea about the first Pic Peb - although, I have seen this "style" in books. Outside "ring" like that. Holy cow - is that "chain stitched" to the shirt!? Awesome!

And yes - Sport in the Third Reich is a FANTASTIC set!!!!......

PEB
    ?

Just remember Duff.......I'm first in line if you ever let that chain stitched beauty get away from you. LOL

?

Roger that Sir - I remember!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2