Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

Article about: Hi guys, is this a real SS sportshemd minus the sports emblem? I have a nice SS sports emblem and it retains a little bit of the fabric where it was cut off, so I compared the fabric left on

Default Re: SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

No prob! Hope it'a a good one!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd
    P
    Many

The shirt you have posted Doomtown flares out at the bottom whereas the item from SS Steel doesnt. Also the collar appears to be post war design imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I think you guys nailed it! Case closed, post war, thanks for all the looks and opinions. Even though this didn't turn out to be a real one, I think this thread turned into a pretty informative couple of pages, thanks for the help!

PEB
    ?

Hi Guys
    I am the new owner of the shirt that had been listed on SS steel, feel free to request any pics that you would like showing details of the shirt for comparison. As far as the size of the roundel, my good friend at one time had an SS sports shirt with a first pattern sports patch that was of the chain stitched variety. I believe these were slightly larger in size than normal which may explain the confusion on what had been applied to the shirt. His shirt was a brownish-tan color though. I do have a Bauer postcard that shows the chain stitched first pattern on a white shirt similar to the one posted here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd  

Congrats on your new purchase

Some close up pics of stitching would be great

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

PEB
    ?

Hi Guys
    Sorry for the late response. Here are the pics -
    Pic 1 - Stitching at neck area & white on white RZM tag
    Pic 2 - Stitching at bottom of shirt
    pic 3 - Sports patch
    Pic 4 - Inside of shirt at sports patch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd   SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd  

SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd   SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd  

Thanks for the close ups It looks great !

Nick

PEB
    ?

Thanks for the kind words Nick.

?

Nice shirt, that is really, really cool, thanks for sharing! I had a suspicion that this was the sport shirt that you mentioned buying, well done! Your SS collection is becoming very impressive from the little bit that I've seen.

PEB
    ?

Thank You D-Town. Much appreciated. I'm trying to put a respectable collection together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2