Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Stammabteilung Montur "Mitte"

Article about: Thank you HPL2008 and Mr. d'alquen first rate contributions as always.

Default SS Stammabteilung Montur "Mitte"

As appeared elsewhere, a noteworthy item. SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"

- - ------- - -

It ain't mine, by the way. I have an officer's one, though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"
    P
    Many

The item is courtesy Messr. BENS

Standarte/Bezirk 12=Hannover.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-08-2014 at 09:25 AM.

?

Very nice friend.

?

There are more of these surviving examples than I had first believed. Thank you for the photos FB.

CMH

SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"
    Last edited by DrCMH; 03-08-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    There are more of these surviving examples than I had first believed. Thank you for the photos FB.

CMH
    Thanks, but there are not so many as grains of sand on the beach, to be sure.

I am at pains to show nice things that pass by on the clouds.

?

Thank you so much F-B and Mr. BENS. I have a particular fascination with the Stamm. insignia.
    SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"
    SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"
    SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"

As for the scarcity of Stammabteilung-related material, Bastian Hein's 2012 study "Elite für Volk und Führer? Die Allgemeine SS und ihre Mitglieder 1925 - 1945" has an interestig statistic:

Between 1936 and 1938, the number of men who belonged to the Stammabteilungen was something between ca. 3,700 and 6,700. This is quite a small number considering the overall size of the SS organization.

(During the same period, the combined total numbers of the reserves and supplementary reserves - i.e. the Reserve and the Stammabteilungen - ranged between 11 and 13 % of the A-SS' strength.)

SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"SS Stammabteilung Montur  "Mitte"
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As for the scarcity of Stammabteilung-related material, Bastian Hein's 2012 study "Elite für Volk und Führer? Die Allgemeine SS und ihre Mitglieder 1925 - 1945" has an interestig statistic:

Between 1936 and 1938, the number of men who belonged to the Stammabteilungen was something between ca. 3,700 and 6,700. This is quite a small number considering the overall size of the SS organization.

(During the same period, the combined total numbers of the reserves and supplementary reserves - i.e. the Reserve and the Stammabteilungen - ranged between 11 and 13 % of the A-SS' strength.)
    Thank you, Andreas, you are a genius. I have the book, but failed to find that statistic.
    This point of data then adds further joy to this item, for which I thank Mr. Joe of Texas.
    The book that Andreas cites is really a marvelous source.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

Given these numbers, I am amazed any examples remain today. As FB said, you are a genius, Andreas. Thank you for the citation.

Would I be correct in the assumption that the majority of the membership of the Stammabteilung held the ranks of the enlisted man?

Regards,

CMH

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast