Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS standart bearer gorget for review

Article about: I know nothing about these..but a photo below..of what is commonly seen as an SA / SS Gorget.

I know nothing about these..but a photo below..of what is commonly seen as an SA / SS Gorget.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS standart bearer gorget for review  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS standart bearer gorget for review
    P
    Many

this is SA

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Here shown one of the SS gorgets I showed in my in 2012 released book
    about gorgets (Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich).
    Note the mint condition and eagle's details. This gorget is from the well-known
    and most excellent collection from my friend: David Delich.

Attachment 630997

Attachment 630998

The SS runes are from another SS gorget, from the collection of Michael Shaner
    from the USA!

I have not ever heard from such gorget, made by Overhoff. All found SS-gorgets
    were marked M 1/128, being the concern of Eugen Schmidhäussler from Pforzheim.
    Thank you. Wonderful images.

SS standart bearer gorget for reviewHere is the earlier SA/SS variant from the Buhler collection on the tunic that I now own, but minus all the coronet furniture.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I know nothing about these..but a photo below..of what is commonly seen as an SA / SS Gorget.
    It's an SA gorget, which was also used by the SS prior to the introduction of the special SS model in (if memory serves) 1938.

As far as I have researched the SS used not the messing or bronze starburst, but a
    silvered one. This type is very scarce. Of course it is possible, as rules were not so
    strict in the earlierst days, the one with the bronze starburst also was used by the
    SS and also while the SS was first assigned to the SA.
    The second version gorget was first seen during the annual Party Day at Nürnberg in
    1938 (September) when 14 new standards were granted.

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello Krisse
    There are more than a few "cringe-worthy" items on that site. Tread with extreme caution.

Regards
    Brett
    I can't even get on that site, ESet NOD 32 anti virus program blocked it and gave me this Comment: Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

Open ESET KnowledgeBase | ESET | Antivirus, Internet Security Software & Virus Protection

Be careful if you decide to go there...

Don

?

SS standart bearer gorget for review

Although not the whole Gorget - its part of an original....

Default Ss gorget

Mr. Saris,I have all of your headgear books and they are great books to have.These photos of this very rare Gorget is what many collectors need to aid in what a real piece looks like.Thanks for showing it.

The gorget-book, published in 2012, is just over 700 pages and loaded with such detailed photographs
    from many sorts of gorgets. For most it is a pity, as the book hast German text. Plans for an English
    version are "put on ice"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast