Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Standarte 70 Flag

Article about: A command flag of SS Standarte 70 from Glogau, Lower Silesia

Default Re: SS Standarte 70 Flag

I should add Poland to my statement above, as well, though. Shea did find a nice Ausgeh uniform from Schwerin, which is on the Baltic in Mecklenburg Vorpommern, not too far from the present day border with Poland. This uniform is interesting because of the Sturmbann HQ cuff title.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Standarte 70 Flag 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Standarte 70 Flag
    P
    Many

further details of note....
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Standarte 70 Flag  SS Standarte 70 Flag  SS Standarte 70 Flag 

Someone with access to the records of this unit, should they exist (which is a dubious proposition...) could establish this man's identity. However, archival records of Allgemeine SS units in the provinces are more rare than the uniforms themselves. The staff of the 1st Sturmbann of this Standarte was likely a very small entity, especially in the years when this uniform would have been worn.

First off its not an ss standard its nskk.look at the eagle.

I think you'll find it's the first pattern eagle used up until the late thirties by the SS on various flags and standards. The NSKK eagle had a scroll above the wings with the initials of that organisation.
    D.

I agree with colleague d'Alquen as to my colleague in Wisconsin's flag being an early SS Faehnchen for this Silesian Standarte. It is a rare and interesting piece. Maybe Bob Coleman or Robert H. could show us some examples that are similar. There are also many photos of Himmler with his own personal flag and this kind of eagle in use.

i know the sa early on used this eagle and i think Bob showcased one opera house banner with the same type eagle,so i guess since sa and ss were not separate yet in the early thirtities that its plausible this could be ss,my apologies.

This style of National emblem can be seen here on an RFSS level command flag.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standarte 70 Flag  

pjm
    ?

Here's a page from the NSDAP Org Book showing NSKK command flags.

As noted and shown here, the NSKK eagle has the scroll and the flag itself is double bordered in red and black.

SS Standarte command flags were bordered in black and SA in red.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standarte 70 Flag  

Dear Colleagues, thanks for the additional data and the nice images of the RFSS flag as well as the Organisationsbuch plate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast