Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform

Article about: I hope this shot of the tag came out. I will try to send more. An old German lady I know said it looked like Pumptz and that was a German surname. The name is also on the pants. Thanks for a

Default SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform

Hi. My name is Jim and I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a black dress uniform of a SS Standartenfuhrer with what appears to be a dry cleaners tag in the tunic and pants that look to have the name Oberst Pumptz on them. Can anyone help me with any info on this officer? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform
    P
    Many

There is no listing for a man of that name in the 1939 SS Dienstlaterliste. Are you positive your spelling is correct?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Does the name tag say "Oberst?" If so, this is not a rank term used by the SS but is a military rank for colonel.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Also, Pumptz is a very odd - even comical-sounding - name and Oberst is not an SS rank. As Bob Coleman said, it is advisable to post pictures of the uniform, inlcuding close-ups of any labels/tags/markings.

Edit: Bob Coleman beat me on the "Oberst" observation.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformBlack uniforms....

- - ------- - -

Our member specialize in this material, and you will not find such knowledge elsewhere in the internet.

Thanks guys. I'll try to figure out how to post some pics. Jim

?

Click "Go Advanced" / Pictures Upload / Add Files / Choose Files / Upload / Insert Inline

Like this:

Attachment 607287

Quote by DougB View Post
    Click "Go Advanced" / Pictures Upload / Add Files / Choose Files / Upload / Insert Inline

Like this:

Attachment 607287
    Very nice picture, and to be sure, these things are not on the other site or any site at all, save for ours.
    Hence, if a person has a sincere interest in this regalia, this highly specialized knowledge can really only be found here.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very nice picture, and to be sure, these things are not on the other site or any site at all, save for ours.
    Hence, if a person has a sincere interest in this regalia, this highly specialized knowledge can really only be found here.
    Found here mainly due to the efforts of a few kind hearted souls who share all for the sake of knowledge. You will not find such qualified and dignified folks elsewhere. Thank you F-B and Mr. Coleman. Thanks also to DougB whose photo zoomed in shows a highly refined collection full of gems.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform
    Last edited by jHAM; 12-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform I hope this shot of the tag came out. I will try to send more. An old German lady I know said it looked like Pumptz and that was a German surname. The name is also on the pants. Thanks for all the help. the site is a great source of information, and thanks to the guys for sending shots of their collections. They are incredible. If I have questions regarding other SS uniforms should I start another thread? Thanks again for any info on this name. Jim

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast