MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform

Article about: I hope this shot of the tag came out. I will try to send more. An old German lady I know said it looked like Pumptz and that was a German surname. The name is also on the pants. Thanks for a

The uniform is a Breuer special from the 1960s. As such it has some value. The RZM tags with the "28" are sign of thus, as is the Breuer stamp. I got one of these in 1967, quite similar. It too had this silly LAH cuff title.
    The arm band is likely real. In any case, a thing created for films and the large U.S. garrison in Munich in sore need of regalia in this storied epoch.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform
    P
    Many

?

Good to know FB

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniform
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Good to know FB
    It is thus, and I can speak from experience. Our own Freiherr von Moellendorff wrote about the Breuer tunics in his expose of fakes in the year 1969, because in real life, he had worked for Dr. Breuer in the early 1960s, at the same time that LTC Atwood was having caps and daggers made. Breuer was in a Bavarian 28th regiment of some kind. Or that's the urban legend. This item is not without value, actually.
    I cannot say what it is worth, but in the evolution of these things, it marks a stage of the story.

All too droll.

I have been doing this too long.

The man with the cigarette holder is Ludwig Erhard who was chancellor fifty years ago in the FRG. And when Munich had a big garrison of U.S. troops drooling over Nazi relics as well as the young women. The 1961 film about rape and U.S. soldiers in the FRG evokes the era I am describing which today is as much a part of history as the III. Reich and in many ways quite compelling. This was Breuer's world, the shadow world of the early FRG wit the high interoperability with that before 1945.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformIf you are interested in the evolution, traits, features and or essence of black SS uniforms, this is most assuredly the only place in the whole solar system to find such knowledge, because what is found elsewhere is nothing more than a dog's breakfast.

I am sorry to tell you that your property is less than you hoped, but such an experience belongs to all of us here. It surely has been part of my life, and one either accepts such a thing and tucks into the complexity and confusion of the material, or one flees in disgust to collect Pez containers or spend money on index funds to beat the market. I took my set backs in early collecting as a spur to more action, greater knowledge, and finer insight.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformThis came from Shea from the North East of the U.S. and was sold by me to others, who have since enshrined it in a recently published book. Such has happened to me many times, actually. It is an NCO tunic, but tailor made and of nice quality with patina.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.

The Breuer tunics were generally made from redyed Bundesgrenzschutz green uniforms, and the greenish tint was sometimes found in the nooks and crannies, which is not the case with a real black SS uniform, naturally.
    The BGS was established in 1952 and used a uniform with Wehrmacht and Waffen SS elements to its tailoring. I actually have one of these minus the Breuer label.

SS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformSS StandartEnfuhrer black dress uniformNooks and crannies....these items are all pre May 1945.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Thnak you all for such wonderful insight. This forum is quite increbdible. Jim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast