Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)

Article about: Hi, need some help with this stuff that are for sale on a website. I personally think it looks alittle fishy, but i'm not an expert! Your opinions are welcome /Farradin

Default Re: SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)

It is this one. I would like it, but I bought a new slightly used car instead, what the Germans call a "Jahreswagen." Changing times, and changing priorities. I need more airbags to go with my failing concentration and diminished eye sight. We acolytes of the planning, programming and budgeting system must make proper arrangements amid the market turmoil. Friends of mine in Greece are out protesting the cuts in their salaries to be sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)
    P
    Many

I did not even buy this one, either. Did you? It has a certain poetry, surely. If it turns out to have been some SSVT potentate, then I shall be sad. I looked in the rank lists, but did not find the man's entry. The cap even came from not far from where I live, mind you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

hi F-B,,,would it be possible for you to post pics of the set that you showed the reverses of?...thanks very much ,,Robert

Quote by militarymania View Post
    hi F-B,,,would it be possible for you to post pics of the set that you showed the reverses of?...thanks very much ,,Robert
    I shall try, but they are 08/15 zinc Assmann badges pictured a zillion times elsewhere.

Postscriptum. I only have the view of the rear, as that was the critical thing to me at the time I saved the image. These enclosed here are what I have in mind as being on the cap in the UK. They are surely not a thing of much beauty, but they are of the era.

Also, I am not interested in these cap badges, so I shall excuse myself from this thread with the reminder that those with knowledge should offer those without a tutorial.

All I care about are black and grey caps with complete badges...

Happy rotting zinc and all of this has more meaning granted the 65th anniversary of the end of the war. It seemed as if it was just 20 years ago quite recently to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle) 

voila..

note: that eagle is marked with "SS 155/42"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)   SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)   SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

This cap had zinc insignia, and I sold it. I found it in Wien. It had character to be sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)   SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

Nice cap, the eagle on it is also a Assmann with a nice Deschler.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Nice cap, the eagle on it is also a Assmann with a nice Deschler.
    It went back whence it came, I think. The person to whom I sold it resold it swiftly.

Shea has a similar one for sale now, at somewhat more than I bought mine, in fact. This cap here is for sale for USD 14,000. I bought mine in Wien for USD 1200 ca. 1998 and sold it for USD 4000 in 2005. I do not find things like this in Europe any longer, actually.

Obviously I am a lousy business man. I shall leave it to others to pay USD 14,000 for said cap, then.
    Please do not misunderstand me, either, this thread is not meant as an attack on Shea or any dealer, nor do I wish to elicit should attacks. I merely am adding an element of transparency to the militaria mania of the recent past, which I hardly see carrying on in the midst of so much turmoil.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle) 

?

The insignia is even ftom that pictures is fakes, the same about the cap.
    I'am not a well educated in the SS insignia as a Bob Hritz, but I've never seen ot heard about the bullion embroidered RZM eagles for headgear.
    The original examples exists and they are private made . I do not have them, due of my interest is only contract issue items.
    Concerning your items I have a big doubts
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

lets' be clear, the items shown first are all fake, no doubt.
    Here's another cap to compare (not mine, from a friend who's selling it)

SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)   SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

SS-stuff (Visor cap, Cufftitle)  

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast