Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Suit Pin Identification

Article about: Fellow Collectors, I recently had a package containing a number of interesting Wehrmacht items mailed to me by my German relatives. This SS suit pin is one of the items that I would like hel

Question SS Suit Pin Identification

Fellow Collectors,

I recently had a package containing a number of interesting Wehrmacht items mailed to me by my German relatives. This SS suit pin is one of the items that I would like help with identifying.

What does this pin represent, and to who would this pin be issued?

I believe this item to be authentic.

Regards,

Marcus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Suit Pin Identification
    P
    Many

Hello again Marcus. I hate to say both stickpins you posted are bad imo. The NSKOV is cast and I think the SS pin is as well. In either case the pin attachment plates are too small to be effective/durable given the size and weight of each pin respectively. Best regards.

Brian

+ 1
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I agree; it's a post-war fantasy piece.

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello again Marcus. I hate to say both stickpins you posted are bad imo. The NSKOV is cast and I think the SS pin is as well. In either case the pin attachment plates are too small to be effective/durable given the size and weight of each pin respectively. Best regards.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. Attachment plate size too small. Got it.

Were most all pins of this era stamped? How can I determine if a pin is stamped or cast?

Thanks for the information.

-- Marcus

That's a good question. And an excellent place to start, do not base decisions on real vs. fake based solely on the presence of a maker marked or RZM stamp. I know it's a generic answer but study is imparitive in this hobby and is a labor of love, time, money, and sanity. Above all else examine the piece in question ask yourself does it exhibit quality? Start there. Bear in mind that is what the RZM s purpose was to ensure the manufacturer was government appoved to make such pieces and to make sure they weren t producing junk. Look at really any badge, award, belt buckle what have you study them just take in how fine the details are. Search through the forums most if not all have sticky threads that show fakes, some are quite convincing. If you want to collect badges awards etc a good reference book to start with is Jo Rivett's Party Badge book (not cheap) but buy two or three fake items it will pay for itself. He also does YouTube videos that are informative under the name micromacro. The forum here is the place to be and start to learn ! Countless hours have been put in by many minds to help one educate themselves. Glad to have you here.

Brian

"How can I determine if a pin is stamped or cast?"
    I recommend a YouTube channel called MicroMacro. It is the work of Jo Rivett, who has written a book about parteiabzeichen. He uses a microscope and really shows you the difference. He likes to swear and make some "off color" comments, but his information is solid.