Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS tab and bevo insignia - Genuine?

Article about: Hi guys and gals, Was over to see a friend yesterday and he showed me several pieces he picked up from an estate sale. Not my area of collecting, but being curious about their authenticity I

Default Re: SS tab and bevo insignia - Genuine?

Thanks youthcollector. I was considering acquisition as adding one of these would be fun, but I would want to make a fair and honest offer to the owner. At this sort of market value I’ll pass and devote the limited available funds to my first love, Polish militaria. Many thanks again!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tab and bevo insignia - Genuine?
    P
    Many

I would explain the current market value, then offer what you can afford. Can't hurt, and he may be willing to make a deal!

Thanks for that. If it was something really needed then I’d definitely get into negotiating mode. However, a little voice in my head warns me about adding an item well outside my collecting arena and then finding myself with a new itch that I can’t satisfactorily scratch. First an SS tab, and then the slippery slope to hunting for a double decal helmet and sending PM’s to Friedrich-Berthold begging him to release one of his beautiful visor caps! I’ve been collecting long enough to know there’s an obsessive compulsive component to this hobby, and the last thing I really need is sprout a new branch and diversify when I’ve been trying to discipline myself to add more focus to this insatiable pursuit!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

(sending PM’s to Friedrich-Berthold begging him to release one of his beautiful visor caps!)

See thats the perks Mods get.. His PMs are blocked from general public...
    Im not groveling for a hat, just questions..

Lest a can of worms has been opened I was speaking purely in jest. I can honestly assure you I had no idea about blocked PM’s to Mr. F-B and remain totally unaware of any such privilege as a mod. But if there is one you mean to say there’s actually a perk for all the time and effort put into holding this office?

Cheers,
    Tony

Tony,

I should have placed a smiley icon at the end of my post...
    TRUST me if I could have a chance to buy one of his hats
    I would as well in a heartbeat!!!
    Yes there is perks, and hold the office will Sir!!!

I don't think any of the said "perks" out weight the duty associated with being a moderator As for FB, if I were him I'd do the same, imagine the email he would receive requesting to buy an item from his collection. Would drive anyone nuts.

Chally thats neither here or there,,and your post is unwarranted concerning PMs.,,nor does the Moderators need to explain their actions,,in keeping step of running the forum smoothly. This thread was going well and even you posted a positive comment in post #10. Please stay in step with the original intent of this thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Tony

Congrats to your friend in his good fortune! A touch off topic but I would like to add a piece, or two, of Polish militaria to my collection. Would you be able to suggest a site within the U.S.?

Thank you
    Green/zielony
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Mr. Zielony, I'll send you a PM.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast