Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS TK 17 collartab.

Article about: Hi guys, all of you probably know by now that I am expanding my SS collartabcollection. This SS TK 17 collartabset is the next one that I will add. Can someone please provide me some informa

?

Default SS TK 17 collartab.

Hi guys,

all of you probably know by now that I am expanding my SS collartabcollection.
    This SS TK 17 collartabset is the next one that I will add.

Can someone please provide me some information about this unit?

Thanks in advance, Kris.

SS TK 17 collartab.SS TK 17 collartab.SS TK 17 collartab.

- - ------- - -

The different color of the ranktab is because of the picture. Probably other light...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK 17 collartab.
    P
    Many

?

Opinions are welcome aswell offcourse. Thanks.

I had authetificated these from the original owner, he was lucky with these.

An unquestionable set of genuine Totenkopf Hunderschaft tabs. I do not have access to any reference material that would list where this unit was stationed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks guys. Anyone else?

17th TK. i will keep my eyes peeled for you buddy

- - ------- - -

oh by the way. outstanding tabs!!!

Is it possible this unit was slated to exist but never came to be? 17th not finding much at all! Will keep looking

Quote by octavian View Post
    Is it possible this unit was slated to exist but never came to be? 17th not finding much at all! Will keep looking
    No, if I'm reading right it did in fact come to be....read Mollo's 'Uniforms of the SS Vol. 4'. I scammed through it last night actually, searching for any information, but regrettable came up empty handed. I'm also almost positive information on it has been posted here in the past but I've had no luck searching here either.
    I did see the set available again on the WAF...did the deal fall through or something? It's a very nice set so hopefully not! And if not, my congratulations to you.
    SS TK 17 collartab.

The collar patch is for the 17th Hundertschaft of a Totenkopf formation. (Equivalent to a company, the term Hundertschaft literally means "a unit of one hundred". It is still used by the police, by the way.)

According to Mollo, Oberbayern had 20 Hundertschaften, Brandenburg and Thüringen 16 each and Ostmark had 8.

The problem is that these collar patches exist with numbers far higher than 20 (ranging at least into the 30s*), which implies that the companies were (at least for a while) numbered consecutively across the battalions/regiments. As far as I know, this is not fully understood yet.

Perhaps d'alquen can add additional information.

*) See here for examples: SS Totenkopf collar tab

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast