Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab

Article about: I want to ask our respected community about these two examples, unfortunately the back side will post later, due of the owner will make it today afternoon. My IMO is good, but any other opin

?

Default SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab

I want to ask our respected community about these two examples, unfortunately the back side will post later, due of the owner will make it today afternoon.
    My IMO is good, but any other opinions would be apreciated.
    So, here it is:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab   SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab

Dimas-
    I would like to see the back of these. From the images, I do not see any red flags.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I am not an expert on these, but there are a couple of "red flags" that I can see...............................

On the cuff title
    The bones embroidery is not tight or aligned
    The bones do not seem to be aligned

And on the collar patch, well a rare one in its own right. "K" for konzentrationslager

However my main concerns are

The head seems to be the wrong shape?
    The bones again, are not tight
    The "K" has a few misgivings, namely
    The bottom right has a droop down, whereas known originals tend to omit this
    The mouth appears to be too thin?

If original the tab alone would sell in excess of £2000

Just my thoughts and opinion........................... I am not allowing for manufacturers anomalies

?

also the "chin " of the skull is interfering with the bottom silver border on the cuff title - would this be a concern ?

al

Al
    I've seen some Oberbayern cuff titles that you would swear were wrong, only to find out that they were ok.I'm not so concerned with the chin, more the alignment of them bones

It just does not sit right with me. There are a couple of "things" that bother me, and considering the price they fetch, I'd want to be dammed sure before I bought.

Of course, this is just my opinion, I could be wrong

?

Back of the collartab
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TK, Oberbayern and SS TK-k collartab  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The tab is OK from that pictures to me, but the Oberbayern back I will share asap as I get it
    Regards,
    Dimas

Although the back does look period, to a degree, I would still not be comfortable with the front area i mentioned earlier, However, Dimas, its your call,

Dimas,

I'm guessing from the thread that you don't have them in the hand and that if you were to get them you would some hands on first to put some flesh on the bones so to speak. UV light test etc.
    Very difficult to call as there were not that many proud owners at the end of the war!?
    I like the look but have never seen any in real life.
    I would imagine there would be imperfections from batch to batch, the nature of the wire thread would cause this alone.

Do you have any of the history? Where have they been until now?

Good luck.

Regards

Jock

Jock, it is a hard call to make, and yes there were differences, but in all the ones I have seen, and handled. The bones and thread have been tight and aligned. Coupled with the anomaly on the "K" That would be enough for me, after all, these things are not cheap

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast